Date Night

2 weeks later
4 November 2018

"You are now 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant. Your baby is very healthy and is growing well. Are you ready to hear it's heartbeat?" The doctor asked, looking at Shawn and I.

"Yes, we're ready." I replied. The sound of a fast heartbeat filled the room, sending a tingling sensation up my spine. That was our baby, the one that we created.

I turned to Shawn who was grabbing his phone from his pocket, videoing the sound of the baby's heartbeat. I knew he was going to use it for his new album. The thought of it made me smile.

"That's our baby's heartbeat, honey." Shawn squeezed my hand, nearly cutting off my blood circulation.

"Babe, I can't feel my hand."

"Sorry El, I'm just so excited!" Shawn released his tight grip on my hand, rubbing my arm.

"So would you like to know the gender?"
The doctor handed me a paper towel as I rubbed the gel off.

"Would you be able to write it down and put it in an envelope? We're having a gender reveal." Shawn asked, grinning.

The doctor quickly scribbled it down, folding it in half and placing it in the envelope.

"Thank you so much." I said, taking the envelope.

"See you again soon." The doctor led us out of the room, handing us our second ultrasound scan.

~Later that day~

"Where are we going, Shawn? This isn't the way home." I turned the music down slightly.

"It's a surprise. We're nearly there."

After several minutes of driving, Shawn stopped the car. He jogged around to my side, helping me out.

"Shilvary's not dead." Shawn grinned at himself proudly.

Just as I was about to question his remark, a familiar view appeared.

"Shawn..."

This was the place Shawn proposed to me. There was a picnic blanket set up with a basket and a guitar. Toronto's city lights glistened in the distance, the sky dusted with a pink haze.

"It's beautiful." I said, turning to face Shawn.

"Not as beautiful as you." Shawn kissed my cheek.

"Quit being cheesy, Shawn." I gently shoved him.

"Hey, I was trying to be romantic."

Shawn led me to the picnic blanket, sitting down opposite me.

He took both my hands in his, looking me in the eyes.

"Elodie, after everything that happened, I wanted to make it up to you. I shouldn't have left you alone. Family is before work and I didn't think that through. I'm sorry, El."

Just his words brought tears to my eyes. It wasn't Shawn's fault and he should know that.

"Shawn, it wasn't your fault. It just happened that you weren't there. Aaliyah was with me and the baby's healthy, so don't beat yourself up, ok?"

"I know, but I should have been there." I could see how ashamed and guilty Shawn felt.

"It's ok, let's just enjoy tonight. When did you do all this?" A small smile suddenly appeared on his face.

"I got Josiah to drop everything off. I owe it all to my man." I laughed at the thought of Josiah being forced by Shawn to bring everything up here.

"Why don't we eat something? You must be hungry, carrying another human in there."

"Well, I suppose I am pretty hungry." I said, rubbing my stomach.

Shawn opened the basket, revealing sandwiches and soda water.

"Did you make these yourself?" I asked, surprised at all the effort Shawn had put in.

"Yeah, I tried." Shawn said, scraping his hair back with his hand.

"Aw that's so sweet Shawn!" I said, smiling at how cute he was.

"I mean you better taste them before you say anything!" Shawn handed me a sandwich and we started eating and laughing, just like the old times.

@elodiemendes instagram

213,469
e

lodiemendes thank you for taking me back to the place where we got engaged x

tagged shawnmendes

View all comments

camila_cabello this is actually couple goals

josiahvandien just remember that I brought all the stuff!

taylorswift #lovebirds

shelodie I can't!!!

shawnieboy why can't I be elodie

aaliyahm.endes why wasn't I invited?!

A/n Thank you for reading this! This chapter is probably my favorite chapter so far. Comment which one yours has been! And yes, I used a picture of Jess and Gabriel!
Simplicute x