Goodbye

Three days later
20 October 2018

"Are you sure you've got everything?" I asked again, looking through Shawn's small suitcase.

"Babe, don't worry. I'll be fine." Shawn kissed my cheek softly, resting his head on my shoulder.

"You sure you're gonna be alright by yourself? Should I call Aaliyah over to stay with you?"

"I'll be fine. If I ever do need Aaliyah, I'll call her." Shawn gently helped me stand up, turning my waist around so I was facing him.

"If you ever feel unwell or you need help with something, you've gotta promise to call me, ok?" I nodded, even though I knew that I couldn't just call him back home. That would be selfish.

"Andrew just texted saying that the car is here. I'm gonna miss you so much, El."

"Me too." I replied, before Shawn's lips crashed into mine. I kissed him back, deepening the kiss. Shawn's tongue brushed against my bottom lip, begging for entry. I opened my mouth, granting him permission. Our tongues danced together, my hands sliding up and down his chest while his hands travelled down to my waist.

There was a sudden sound of a horn as I pulled away from Shawn, knowing that Andrew had arrived.

Shawn knelt down till he was facing my stomach, placing a kiss on my nonexistent baby bump.

"I'll miss you bean. Be good for mummy."

"I love you." Shawn said, kissing my forehead one last time. He started wheeling his suitcase towards the door, his guitar in hand.

Tears welled up in my eyes, knowing that he'd be gone for a whole 3 weeks. No more snuggling on the couch or last minute dates or late nights where I could here Shawn singing in the music room down the corridor.

"I love you too." The door shut just before I could say one last goodbye to Shawn, tears that I had been holding back for the past couple hours suddenly streaming down my face.

It must be pregnancy hormones, I thought to myself, quickly wiping the tears off my cheeks.

I grabbed my phone off the kitchen table, automatically dialling Aaliyah's number. Maybe Shawn was right. I did need Aaliyah as a distraction.

"Hey Elodie, what's up?" Aaliyah's voice sent me a rush of relief, knowing that there was someone to distract me.

"Hey Liyah, I was just wondering whether you'd want to come over for the night? Shawn just left to Brazil."

"Sure, that sounds great. Mum's actually just about to go do some food shopping, so I'll tag along with her."

"Ok, thanks Liyah. See you soon." I hung up, walking over to the small kitchen.

I put in some microwavable popcorn, knowing that we were going to have a night in.

Within minutes, Aaliyah arrived at the house with her backpack of clothes for the night.

"Hey, El." Aaliyah said, hugging me. I'd always felt a connection with Aaliyah. We were always really close, even when Shawn and I were still dating.

"Hey, sorry for dragging you over." I pulled away.

"It's ok. I've kinda missed the days with just me and you. Don't tell Shawn I said that." We both started laughing, knowing that he would not be pleased.

"So how's school been? Don't you guys have a lot of exams at the moment?" I walked back into the kitchen, taking out the popcorn.

"Yeah, it's been pretty stressful. The Mendes sibling were never very good at handling exams." Aaliyah really does sound like Shawn, I thought to myself, smiling.

"Why are you smiling? Exams are not fun!" Aaliyah said, plonking herself on the couch.

"You just remind me so much of Shawn." I replied, joining her on the couch.

After a while of silence, Aaliyah asked, "You miss him already, don't you?" Turning to face me.

"Yeah, I do." I admitted, looking down at my hands.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be back really soon. He's only gone for a bit, then you have him all to yourself again. Why don't we watch Harry Potter or something? I'm really in the mood for Voldemort."

"Sure," I said, handing her the remote. Hopefully I could distract myself as much as possible for the next three weeks.

@elodiemendes instagram

173,126elodiemendes missing you alreadytagged shawnmendes

173,126
elodiemendes missing you already
tagged shawnmendes

View all comments

shawnmendes miss you more x

shelodie you guys are actually the cutest couple ever

camila_cabello awww #shelodie

andrewgertler we'll take good care of him @elodiemendes

elodiemendes @andrewgertler you better!

shawnieboy literally wish I was elodie

A/n Thank you for reading this chapter and getting this fan fiction to the 67th best Shawn Mendes fan fiction! Sorry that this chapter is shorter than usual but I'll update again soon.
Simplicute x