Whatever

2 weeks later
18 October 2018

"El, why don't we announce that we're expecting? All the fans have been asking why we cancelled the Brazil festival run. Don't you think we should tell them?" Shawn asked, taking a spoonful of pasta.

"I don't know. Isn't it still too early? What if something happens again?" I looked up at Shawn, seeing a flicker of frustration cross his face.

"I think they deserve to know. I think we should do it now." Shawn persisted.

"Shawn, shouldn't we wait till at least the second trimester? We're still in the early stages." I looked up at Shawn, placing my spoon down.

"Whatever," Shawn stood up from the table, walking into the music room, slamming the door behind him.

Shawn was never like this. Why was he getting so worked up about announcing our pregnancy to his fans?

I just needed some air.

I grabbed my coat, slipping the house keys into my pocket. As I walked to the park, I couldn't help but ask myself why Shawn blew up at me.

I sat down at a bench across from the kids playground, rubbing my small baby bump. One day our child will be running around and playing, just like the kids on the playground.

After a while, I decided to walk back home, but I was somehow led to Claire's. I knocked on the large wooden door, waiting for it to open.

"Elodie! I haven't seen you in ages! How's the baby going?" Claire threw her arms around me. I smiled at her enthusiasm, hugging her back.

"It's been good. I was kinda walking home but I found myself coming here. How's Richard?" Richard and Claire were engaged last month. They went through a few rough patches during their relationship, but they've managed to accept eachothers differences.

"I know you only do this when something's wrong. Come in, El." Claire led me to her small dining table, sitting down.

"So spill." Claire said, giving me the death stare.

I told her all about the incident with the baby when Shawn was on his way to Brazil and how Shawn was so worked up over announcing the pregnancy to his fans. I told her how he had been acting strange the last couple of days, blowing up at me.

"El, I think he's just going through something. I think the best thing to do is just listen." Claire took my hands from across the table. How did I deserve such good friends?

"Yeah, I think you're right. I better go back now before he starts freaking out. Thanks Claire, you're a lifesaver."

"No worries. If you ever need anything just text me."

After around 10 minutes I had reached our house. I turned the key in the lock, hanging my coat back up.

"El, where have you been? I've been trying to ring you for the past 2 hours!" Shawn jogged to me, burying his face in my shoulder.

I pulled away, sighing. "I just went to get some air. I must have left my phone at home." Tired, I started to walk upstairs to our room, but Shawn pulled me back, placing his hands on my waist.

"El, I'm sorry that I got so worked up earlier. I know it's no excuse, but I found out from Andrew that I'm leaving to New York when we're supposed to find out the gender of the baby. I'm just..."

I leant in, giving Shawn a passionate kiss. My hands in his hair, his hands cupping my cheek. I bit his bottom lip gently, before resting my forehead against his.

"Shawn, everything's going to be alright. Weren't we already planning a gender reveal for the baby? We'll find a solution."

"How did I deserve such an amazing wife?" Shawn asked, kissing me again.

He pressed me gently against the door, slowly lifting me up, my legs wrapping around his waist as he walked over to our room.

He took off his shirt, helping me take off mine. Shawn placed me on the bed, climbing on top of me, careful not to rest too much weight on my stomach.

"Oh, how much I've missed you." Shawn said in between kisses.

He placed small kisses down my neck, working his way down my body.

"Shawn..." I mumbled, gently push him him off me.

"What? Is everything ok?" He sat up abruptly.

"I'm just a bit...sensitive."

"Oh," Shawn replied, running his hands through his hair.

"Can we just hold off for a bit?" I asked, sitting up.

"Yeah, sure." Shawn slipped his shirt back on, resting next to me.

"I'm sorry, I guess I'm just not used to the whole pregnancy thing yet." Shawn nodded, before I snuggled up against him, falling asleep with his arms wrapped around me.

@elodiemendes instagram

403,769elodiemendes everything's better with youtagged shawnmendes

403,769
elodiemendes everything's better with you
tagged shawnmendes

View all comments

shawnmendes

shawnieboy marry meee

happyshawn looking 😍

mendeslover this just makes me realise how single I am

shelodie you guys are adorable

shawnmendesupdates hawwttt ♥

A/n Thank you for reading this chapter! I'm trying to post a chapter as much as possible. Thank you for getting this fan fiction up to 147 reads and #58 under the category Shawn Mendes!
Simplicute x