Chapter 1-SAFTG (Serent Academy for the gifted)

This is my first book and it may not be perfect but I will try my best and help me by commenting what problems you have with the book. Please do not be very judgemental. On to the book!! :D -Jerry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to my phone alarm ringing. I hit the dismiss button and almost fall off the bed in the process. I pull myself up and throw my feet of the edge of it. I groan as I get up and walk over to my bathroom. I turn on the shower and begin to undress. As I am about to get the in the shower my 14 year old sister opens the door. I yelp and stumble into the shower.

I yell,"Next time knock!"

"Sorry!" She says in between her hysterical laughs.

Her laugh was so funny I forgive her. She leaves after a minute and I could still hear her laugh on her way down the stairs. When I finished, dried myself and got dressed. I make my way downstairs to get breakfast. As soon as I get to the kitchen, I smell it. I dash to my prepared plate on the table. Bacon. I smile as I gobble it down in handfuls. I finish my plate in record time. I go up to my mom while she is washing the dishes. I kiss her on the cheek and say,"Love you, mom." I walk out the and meet my friend Daniela.

I yell, "AHHHH", as I trip over the porch step and land face first into the concrete floor. I feel tears trying to make their into my eyes but I manage to push them down. I groan as I stand up. I look up at Dany (Daniela).

"Thanks a lot." I mumble.

She bursts out laugh and has tears coming out of her eyes. She manages out three words in between laughs,"I...am...sorry."

"Let's just get to school" I whisper embarrassed.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

SCHOOL. I loved it and hated it. As I make my way to my locker, I hear wolf whistles and sexual comment like "Aye Chica" or "Hey babe my place or yours." I turn around and see the most beautiful girl walking towards me. She had the most beautiful face and skin, but what made her strange was that her eyes were this fiery orange. She snaps me out of my daze.

"Hi, I'm Vanessa, I'm new" she greets. She holds out her hand and I shake it.

"Oh, sorry I'm Justin", I reply. The school bell rings and everybody runs to class.

"Sorry, but I have to get to class." I apologize. As I walk to class, I turn around and see her walking to the office. My first class is Math, and may I say I love math. I take my seat and the teacher takes roll. When he's done he looks up and says, "Mr. Nightlock they need you at the office."

Everybody "OOHS" and I hear a "BUSTED". They're so stupid, I wonder how they were placed in Honors Algebra 2. As I make my way down the hall to the office I realize that the new girl went that way and I'm filled with happiness and excitement.

I snap out of my daze when I crash into the office doors. I rub my nose because the pain of this morning came back because of the bump. I open the door and walk to the secretary. She tells me the principle wants to see me. I walk in and see Vanessa sitting in the guest chairs. She turns around and smiles.

The principle greets," Sit down, I wanna talk". I take my seat as he begins to talk.

"Vanessa is a new student as you can see," he points to Vanessa, "I want you to show her around the school." I smile and stand up. I open the door as she walks out.

Halfway through the tour she grabs my hand and drags me outside to the field. She sits us down on the stairs outside and looks around to make sure nobody is watching. I look at her strangely and she tells me,"Do you know why I came here?" I shake my head.

She answers,"I came here because of you." I tilt my head in confusion and she lights her hand on fire. I yelp as she turns off the flame.

"You and me are special" she whispers. I have a look confusion plastered on my face. She notices and continues,"We have supernatural abilities. I obviously control fire. I was sent to come and get you and bring you to Serent Academy for the gifted. There you will learn to control your abilities. You have the strongest abilities in the world. Notice I said "abilities". You are one in a century. You are The Minder. I need to take you to Serent Academy before They get you" she finishes.

I say nothing while my mind is catching up. Then a question finally pops into my head," Who are "They?"

She says," Oh, I mean them." She points up to the roof and as soon as she says that four ninja like dudes jump from the roof to the field in front of us. With fire surrounding one of them, water whips flowing out of his two hands. Another one has a twister under them and lastly the guy on the edge has rock armor surrounding his body.

This is my last day on earth I think. As

they jump and attack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Well that was the first chapter it was short sorry, but later on the chapters will get longer. Bye-Jerry

COMMENT, VOTE, AND FAN