Chapter 12

Eren's POV

The drive home was an awkward one. I stared at my knees and nervously picked at my fingers, this mornings events glued to my mind. 'I've never seen him like that, not even when he bullied me..'

I moved my eyes to get a clear look at Levi, who was staring at the road, concentrating on driving. I jumped in surprise when he glanced at me and our eyes met, I quickly looked back down and began to pick my nails once again. Only stopping when a pale hand gently held onto mine, I stiffened for a second before relaxing and returning the jester.

'I'm being over dramatic, he did that for me. I should be grateful, I'll make it up to him.'

...

"Eren." My eyes shot open as I heard my name being called, "I fell asleep?" I undid my seat belt and, on unsteady feet, stepped out of the car. Carefully making my way into the house.

Levi's POV

Eren was making it blatantly obvious that he was... unnerved by this mornings events, and he has every right to be. I watched from my seat on the couch as he sat down next to me, already infatuated by the television. Though he kept his distance a little, the bruise on his left check was still visible. A mash of violet and Scarlett mixing together to form the bruise that sat comfortably under his skin.

I let out a 'tch' as I stood up, causing Eren to look over at me questionably. "I'm going to shower, I feel filthy." Eren only nodded before turning his attention back to the television, I gruntand finally began to walk upstairs.

...

I let out a sigh of relief as the hot water hammered against my bare skin, indulging me in the feeling of warmth and cleanliness. A tiny smile tugged at the corner of my lip, only to vanish when I heard a small voice behind me.

"Levi?" I jumped at the sound, quickly turning towards where it came from. There, I'm the middle of the fucking bathroom, stood Eren.
My eyes widen as realisation hits, I grab the shower curtain and sling it across the bar, quickly and affectively covering every inch of my body from his view.

"When the hell brat!?" I yelled aggressively, my usual pale, colourless complexion now practically a mahogany red. There was a few seconds of shuffling from inside the room before the curtain was slowly drawn open once again, I stared intensively at the white tiled walls as the curtain shut again, and a pair of hands where placed on my shoulders. 'Okay what the fuck?'

"I- I uh-... wanted to join you."