🎶1🎶

"Darling, get up, you've got to get ready for school" Aunt Mimi said walking out to wake up John. I got up and headed to the bathroom, I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth and hair. "Do I ignore you? No. So please don't ignore me. I have called you twice." Mimi shouted in the other room. I quickly put my clothes on and ran downstairs and sat at the small kitchen table. There sat two plates with toast on them, and butter on the side.

I soon see John rush down the stairs and slide in his seat. Soon after Uncle George joined the table. He slapped down a shiny harmonica. "Ooh!" John said admiring the instrument. "Ooh! Eh? Very expensive." Uncle George said. "Really?" John asked.

"No. First lesson, front room, eight o'clock tonight. Don't be late." He said said as Mimi walked over. John hid the harmonic under his napkins. We'd finished eating, John and I headed out to head to school, I walked passed him as he grabbed his bike. "Glasses, John!" Mimi shouted from the window putting circles around her eyes for glasses. "Glasses, John!" Pete said mocking Mimi.

They rode off as I followed from a distance carrying my books. A few minutes had passed as we passed more neighborhoods when suddenly I saw a boy walking out. He started to walk towards me, I didn't know who it was until he came closer and I realized it was Paul. "Oh, Hi Paul! How are you?!" I asked smiling brightly. "I'm a little rough but better than usual, you?" He asked.

"I'm pretty good, not excited for school" I said awkwardly. "Yeah, gotta love it" He said. We kicked up the pace reaching the school right behind John and Pete. Paul and I passed the two as John stopped to talk to Marie. "Marie, my angel face. Show us your jugs." John said.

I cringed as he said the words. "Cock off, Lennon! Or cock out?" She said. I heard a zip and quickened my walking. As I walked away faster I heard gasps and giggles. I headed to my first period as Paul parted ways with me.

The day went by pretty quickly, I saw Paul again in some classes, I also walked home with Paul, him going home first and me going home a little after. I got home and went up to my room and just sat there. Eventually it turned night and I decided to be productive or at least entertain myself by reading. Soon I heard the radio blast opera music downstairs. "There we go. And so, Judgement Day. Go on." Uncle George said loud enough for me to hear through my closed door.

"Watch it." John said. "What?" Uncle George said. "You're standing on it." John said. I heard a thud and lots of laughter from downstairs. "Come here. Hey! Hey, mind the walls. Got you!" George said tackling John on the stairs.

"Mimi! Mimi, he's hurting me!" John shouted. I heard them run into John's room as the were playing with the wall. Suddenly I heard the loud opera music louder than ever. I peeped out my door to see John and Uncle George had stuck a radio on his wall and were playing it very loud. "It works! Mimi, it works! Can we turn it over, see if something else is on?" John shouted.

"No, John, we do not turn Tchaikovsky over." Mimi said. 'We'll slide the cockpit open to see what's wrong. Good evening. It ain't half cold out here. What's that? It ain't half cold out here.' I heard from the radio. I walked passed John's room to see him drinking form a flask. "Hey, hey, come on, cheeky git. You'll get me in trouble." George said. "Yeah, well, you're always in trouble." John said.

"What, with Mimi? Don't be daft."He said. "She never looks happy." John said. "Ever been married to me?" George said. John began laughing before Uncle George spoke again.

"Right, now, go on, you're missing your show and I'm missing me pub." George said walking out. 'What's this one? Don't touch it!' The radio said again making a sound like a gun shot. John laughed as I saw Uncle George fall to the ground. 'Ooh, it's the ejector seat. Come back, where are you?' The radio said again. "Uncle George?" John said as I walked to check his pulse.

"Mimi!" I yelled running down the stairs. Soon enough an ambulance came and the neighbors watched the sight. "Mimi, we were only mucking about." John said walking with Mimi. "He's just had a fall. There's nothing to see. Stop fussing, he'll be right as rain." Mimi snapped. "But, Mimi..." John started.

"Stay here, we'll be back soon enough." Mimi said climbing into the vehicle. Hours passed and John had fallen asleep on one of the chairs as I watched out the window for any sign of Mimi and George. Soon enough I saw Mimi walking up and opening the door. "Mimi?" I asked. "He's dead." She said eyes puffy and cheeks stained with tears.

John began to cry as I held in the tears that were brimming in my eyes. John followed Mimi into the kitchen and hugged her tightly, I stood aside and watched my aunt peel him off. "Please, let's not be silly, hmm? If you want to do that, you go to your room. It's just the three of us now so let's get on with it, shall we?" She said as a tear fell. George and I were never really close but thinking of him not being around anymore, no longer hearing him and John laughing was just sad. Mimi started doing dishes as I walked off and John helped her with the dishes.

I walked away to my room quietly closing my door, trying to fall asleep. It took a while to fall asleep seeing as George had died only minutes ago right in the hallway. But, I slept, and in the morning Mimi woke us up. We put on our funeral clothes and headed to the ceremony. "God will show us the path of life. In His presence is the fullness of joy. At his right hand, there is pleasure for evermore. ...brother George. Give thanks for his life and comfort one another in our grief." The preacher said.

As the man talked I saw John look over at a redheaded woman in the shadows. She smiled and walked away as he continued to watch her. She seemed so familiar but I couldn't remember where i'd seen her. The funeral soon ended, Stan, John and I headed over to the tree house and talked for a bit. "Fancy Blackpool tomorrow? Play the arcades, go on some rides." Stan said.

"I don't need looking after, Stan." John said. "I know. I'm just asking if you want to go to Blackpool. He was my uncle, too." Stan said. "Yeah, but he was more than just an uncle to me, wasn't he?" John said as I sat against the door to the tree house. "You saw her, too, right? The one with the red hair? Where is she now?" John asked. "Do you want me to ask Aunt Mimi?" Stan asked pointing inside.

John nodded as Stan ran inside to ask Mimi. "Do you know who she is?" I asked. "No, but I swear i know her from somewhere" John said watching Stan run back outside. "She was busy, apparently. Things to do. You should call her Mum, you know. The one with the red hair." Stan said. I looked up at John's face expressionless.

John soon left along with me a few moments later. He's always in his room playing with the radio switch on the wall. I'm usually helping Mimi clean, as it's been quite dirty recently. Also, recently I remembered the red haired woman, or my mum, calling for John and I at the door as Mimi dragged us away. One day Stan visited the house and picked up John, starting to head out of the house I followed along with Mimi.

"John? John, have you got your glasses?" Mimi asked. "They're in my pocket" John said. "And is your pocket blind? Now, you will be careful, hmm? Be careful who you talk to." Mimi said as John put his glasses on. "It's only Blackpool, Mimi." John said. "Are you coming Y/N? She's your mum too?" Stan asked. I looked at Mimi for a minute and then at John. "Sure." I said.