🎶8🎶

"Ready?" Paul said carrying a stool and his guitar. "Yep!" I smiled brightly as butterflies grew in my stomach.  "Hello!! Today we will have a young lady and her friend performing a song, and many more to come! But let's welcome a girl who calls herself the 'Black Star'" a man spoke into the mic. "Hello" I said as Paul sat down on the stool. "Today, I'll be singing a song by Wanda Jackson. I hope you enjoy!" I said as I looked back at Paul.

He started to play

Well a hard headed woman a soft hearted man
Been the cause of trouble ever since the world began
Oh yeah ever since the world began ah oh oh oh oh
A hard headed woman is a thorn in the side of man

I sang loudly projecting my voice through the speakers.

Now Adam said to Eve listen here to me
Don't you let me catch you messin' round that apple tree
Oh yeah ever since the world began...

I said swaying my hips and dancing around the small stage.

Now Samson told Delilah loud and clear
Keep your cotton pickin' fingers out of my curly hair
Oh yeah ever since the world began...

Paul played a little solo before we continued.

Well I heard about a kings who's doing swell
Till he started playin' with that evil Jezabel
Oh yeah ever since the world began...

I sang the last notes as I saw Mimi and John walking up. Clapping emerged from the crowd as Paul stood up and put his arm around my shoulder. "Thank you, Black Star?" He said. I took a bow and left the creaky wooden stage. Paul grabbed his stool and we headed down.

"Hey, you just missed it" I smiled. "Oh, you should've told us we could've watched" Mimi said rubbing my arm. "Well, what're you doing here then?" I asked. "Well, John is performing" She said. "Oh, great!" I smiled as I saw John and a group of boys practicing.

"I'm going to go wish him luck" I smiled running off. "Hey!" I said making John turn around. "Oh hey, I didn't see you this morning, but now I know where you've been, you sound amazing. Well, what I heard" he said. "Thanks, but it wasn't just me" I said pointing at Paul. "Yeah, he's amazing. If you two don't go into a group together you should steer him in my direction" he winked.

"Okay, well I'm excited to hear you guys! I'm going to to buy I'll see you soon" I said running to Paul who stood in the middle of the crowd. "You did great by the way" he smiled grabbing my hand. "Thanks, you did amazing maybe even better" I said. "Yeah?" He said. "Maybe a bit" I giggled.

"local youngsters performing for the very first time. Please give them your support, ladies and gentlemen. Local boys, the Quarrymen!" The man announced. "Go, Johnny boy! " I heard a familiar voice yell. I looked back to see Mum and her daughters watching. "Where have you gone? I've lost you." John said looking at mum. "Oh, no, I haven't, there you all are." He said.

Guitars and washboards begin to make sound as John sang.

Oh, Maggie, Maggie Mae
They are taking her away
And she'll never walk
down Lime Street any more

Well, the judge, he guilty found her
For robbing a homeward bounder
You dirty, robbin',
no-good Maggie Mae

Now, I was one unhappy fool
in the port of Liverpool
Well, three pound ten a week
that was my pay

With a pocket full of tin,
I was very soon taken in
By a girl
with the name of Maggie Mae

Now, the first time I saw Maggie
She took my breath away
She was cruising up and down
in Cannon's Place

Everyone danced around as Johns voice blared through the mic. "They're quite good" Paul said hands in pockets.

She had a figure so divine
Her voice was so refined
Well, being a sailor, I gave chase
Now, in the morning, I awoke

I was flat and stony broke

The song continued as mum and even Mimi seemed to be enjoying it. "You know, I could introduce you. Even get you an audition for their band" I said. "No, I'm with you" Paul said. "Oh don't stress it, that was great and all but I don't think it's my life like it is yours" I said. "You sure?" He asked.

"Of course" I said pecking his cheeck.

"That was great, that was great. You were all shitting yourself." John said as Paul and I walked in. "Hey, John. John?" I said grabbing his attention. "This is Paul he  plays too." I said. "What, with himself?" He asked. I gave him a weird look.

"I do, all the time. It's good for the wrist muscles. I'm John." He said holding his hand out. "Paul." He said shaking hands. "Want a beer?" John asked. "I'd love a tea." Paul said. "Is there any tea left?" John asked jokingly.

"There's no tea left." One of Johns friends said. "No, I didn't think so." John said. "So, did you watch us play?" John asked.
"Yeah, yeah." Paul said. "And?" John said.

"Yeah, you're alright." Paul said. "We're alright? You're alright. Y/N likes you and she's alright. How alright are you on one of those?" John said. "I'm alright." Paul said pulling his guitar to his front. "You got that back to front, haven't you, mate?" John said laughing. I subtly nudged him.

"Any requests?" Paul asked. "That pink carnation is very dandy. Can I borrow it?" John said as Paul rolled his eyes. I smiled at him as he positioned himself.

I smiled wide as the first chords were played

Well, I've got a girl
with a rocking machine
When it comes to rocking,
she's the queen

We go to a dance on a Saturday night
All alone I can hold her tight
But she lives on the 20th floor
up town

The guitar stopped as he tapped his foot in the silent room.

The elevator's broken down

The chords played again as the next verse was sang

So I walk one, two flight,
three flight, four
Five, six, seven flight,
eight flight more

Up on the 12th, I'm starting to drag
On the 15th floor, I'm ready to sag
When I get to the top,
I'm too tired to rock

I smiled and silently clapped. "How old are you?" John asked. "15." Paul said. "When?" He asked. "Last month." He said. He grabbed his guitar again. " I can do Little Richard as well" Paul said.

"Sorry. Tick-tock. Nice to meet you but we've got to rehearse." John said. I looked at him but he didn't seem to notice. "Well, I've got to get off anyway..." Paul said. "Ta-ta, then." John said fixing his hair. "Alright." Paul said turning around.

"How about instead of fixing your hair, fix your attitude!" I whisper yelled. "Let's go Paul" I said grabbing his hand. "You're too good for them anyway" I said. "I'm fine I can still play with you" he smiled. "Of course, but I'm still gonna chew him out later" I laughed.

"How about I walk you home and then I'll call you in the morning, I'm a bit tired" he said. "Sure, if you're really tired" I said. We reached Paul's neighborhood and before he could pass it up I stopped him. "Go ahead and get some rest, I can walk the other two minutes. I'll see you soon" I said pecking his lips. "Okay, I love you" He said.

"I love you too" I said. He slouched down a bit and kissed me gently before walking down the long road.