Epilogue

Edited

Two months later....

Knock. Knock.

The door cracked, revealing a shirtless Roman. He was leaned against the door frame, one arm hanging over his head as he assessed me. "Hey there, little one. You look lovely this afternoon."

I glanced down at my blue off the shoulders jean crop top and burgundy, ripped, high waisted jean shorts. The red straps gave light to my skin, my torso slightly revealed from which my shorts hiked over my appendix, as Summer grew thick with heat.

"Thank you. Um, is Maksim here?"

"Da," he invited me in. The warmth instantly hit my cool face, almost burning, yet all it was doing was settling a refreshing dryness over me.

"Maks," Roman yelled up the staircase. "Your super hot, sexy fiancée is here!"

I playfully punched his arm. "Roman. You know that puts him in a mood when you talk about me, right?"

He shrugged and gave me half a smile. "What? It is truth. You're definitely better looking than other girls he brings home. We all talk about your ass and how-"

"Finish that sentence and your ass is going to be getting the end of my foot."

I looked towards the rear of the stairs and visibly swallowed. My fiancé was shirtless, a pair of cream Levi jeans that hung low on his hips, the exact same place where the muscles shaped downwards in a V line, utterly taking my breath away and arousing unbidden desires.

Did this man ever own a shirt?

"Easy, brother. I have my escort to compensate for my needs."

"Escort?" I said.

"Galina," Aleks sang from the parlor, mockingly.

Roman scowled as Damir and Arseny walked in the room with their younger brother, hopping on the couch and starting up a game on their Xbox One. They started arguing over who was going to play first, as Krugan dove into the room and stole one of the controllers on the table where the large, flat screen was positioned against the wall. Aleks and Arseny both shared a look before sprinting for the second on the coffee table at the same time, wrestling aggressively with one another.

The sight was ridiculously funny considering Arseny was a lot more taller than Aleks, however, for a boy his age he was extremely fit. He could give Maksim a run for his money.

"Idiots," Maksim rolled his eyes, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

I faced Roman. "Galina sounds pretty."

"I have her come every weekend to spend some time with me. She's one of the few things I kept from Russia."

"She sounds special."

Maksim scoffed. "If that were true, he would have married her by now. But no. My brother is not one to be tied down."

Roman shrugged carelessly. "Not my fault. I like very specific women."

That made me curious. Did his methods of emotional detachment for his escort due to Arina?

"How long have you been with this escort?"