~October 12~

19 years ago...

y o o n g i:

"Happy birthday Yoongi!" Two loving voices shouted in joy as the small seven-year-old proceeded to blow out the candles of his cake. His parents engulfed him in a warm hug, the whole family sporting large smiles of joy. 

"Baby how about you open your presen-"

Knock, knock, knock...

Three knocks rattled at the door of the small apartment, wiping the looks of delight off of both of Yoongi's parents' faces. 

"I'll get it." Yoongi's father said in a stern tone, standing up and walking to the door. A hand drew Yoongi's gaze from his father as his mother handed him a present wrapped in delicate blue paper. He smiled in excitement. By the size and weight of the box, it had to be the newest video game which he had been wanting for ages. He reached up his hand to rip off the paper when a bloodcurdling scream shattered through the house. 

bang.

His fathers' dead body lay slumped on the floor next to the door, blood oozing from a gaping hole in his chest. A man clothed in black casually stepped through the door frame over the corpse of the man that had been smiling in joy just seconds before. Yoongi cowered in terror, his mother shielding his body with hers. 

"Please! I will do anything you want! Take me, take everything, just please spare my child!" Yoongi's mother pleaded in agony. 

"I'm afraid I can't do that Mrs.Min." The mans' eyes took on an evil glint as they surveyed the shaking woman beneath him. He drew a knife from his belt and swiftly cut her down, throwing the body carelessly against a mirror, causing the shards to cascade over the bloodstained carpet. 

 Yoongi's breath hitched in his throat as both of his parents' dead bodies laid in front of him. 

"And now onto the little baby Min..." The man grinned devilishly, squatting down, and twirling the small knife around his fingers. "It's a shame you have to die just cause your poor daddy messed with some shit he shouldn't have." 

As the man brought the knife down to Yoongi's throat, grazing the skin just enough to draw a thin line of blood, Yoongi's eyes clenching tight at the pain. At that moment, a startling realization came to Yoongi's mind. 

He was going to die. 

However, a thought then came to his mind that pushed him to open his eyes. 

He had to be brave. 

Yoongi reached out slowly, grabbing a shard from the broken mirror, and jammed the jagged glass into the mans' right eye, causing the man to release a shout and drop his knife, standing up hurriedly. 

"Fuck! That hurt like shit!" The man screamed at Yoongi who was still trembling in the corner. 

The assassin looked at Yoongi through his un-damaged eye curiously. 

"A little bitch like you may have some use later on. Don't forget me baby Min. I'm coming back for you." 

The man seemingly vanished in plain sight, Yoongi staring at the spot where he once was in sheer terror, his dead parents surrounding him the only reminder of the horrifying event that had just occurred. 

Present day...

Yoongi's eyes burst open in fear, taking a moment to adjust to the blinding rays of sunlight coming through the curtains, and the strong pair of warm arms encasing his body against another. He turned, only to meet eyes with the warm gaze of Park Jimin. 

"Bad dream?" The boy cooed comfortingly, Yoongi snuggling further into his warm chest. 

"Mhm..." The man mumbled quietly, his heartbeat slowing down to a normal pace. 

"Wanna talk about it?" Jimin asked softly, his doe eyes silently encouraging Yoongi to open up to him. 

Yoongi removed his face from Jimin's chest to stare up at the boy lovingly. 

"Just dreamin' about my parents' deaths is all. Nothin' to get worried about cupcake." Yoongi murmured softly. Jimin looked up at the man in concern. 

"M'sorry Yoongs, my parents died too. Guess that's why I never really grew up." Jimin cracked a smile, making Yoongi grin as well. 

"Opposite happened with me. I grew up too fast."

Jimin giggled, "no wonder your such a gangster!" 

Yoongi's smile faltered as thousands of thoughts poured into his head but he chose to only voice one. 

"There is a lot you don't know about me Chim." He uttered in a warning tone. However, unlike the response Yoongi expected, Jimin simply cupped his cheek, smiling warmly. 

"Take as much time as you need babe, for the things you did in the past could never waver how I feel about you know."

Yoongi had the sudden urge to kiss this angelic boy.

And so he did. 

>>another update for you guys! Also thank you so much for 1,000 reads holy shit!! I'm surprised I even reached like 10 tbh.