Chapter one

"Papa! Noo, please don't hurt me!" Lance huddled in the corner of his room as his father raised a hand.

He smacked the child across the face leaving a bruise.

"You stay quiet, twink! Don't talk! Ever! And don't call me Papa! " The man shouted repeatedly hitting the five year old till Lance could barely walk.

Ten years later

Lance has never talked again. Even when they moved. He doesn't use sign language, he glares at anyone who tries to make him talk, but his Omega just wanted to feel loved.

Lance ran from his house as soon as his clock turned to seven.

As he got into his new school someone pushed past him.

"Outta my way, Twink!" He heard the person growl.

'He's an alpha.' Lance thinks.
He was kicked out of his thoughts as he heard a squeal.

His Omega instincts made him run to the noise.
He saw a small teen being held up by much taller teen boy.

For some reason he could only see red as he shoved the man and grabbed the teen protectively.

They raced through the halls and ended up in the library.

They huddled in the back corner and Lance sent a calm emotion to the kid.
Lance rubbed his head on the others affectionately, marking the kid as his pup.

"Thanks for that. I'm Pidge." The kid smiled fondly and waited for a response.

With a confused tilt of their head they say "Your an Omega correct? I'm a Beta. Do you want to be my friend?"

Lance nods his head twice.
Pidge studies Lance for a minute before handing him a pencil and paper.

"Write down your name please!" The tiny Beta says and Lance writes his name down.

She looked at the paper and then at him.
"Lance? Is that how to pronounce it?"

He nods.
" Come on, we've gotta get to class. " They say with a smile.