part 18 (Short chapter)

Keith was just about to hit Lance's father again, just as he got a call from Pidge.
"Keith- come, the hospital," through panicked tones Keith could barely hear the pup.

"Shh, shh, pup its okay calm down. Deep breaths."  Keith noticed the dad inching close to take a hit but Keith's glare kept him away.

"Mama Lance, he's, he needs you" with that Keith looks to the father.
"Im not done with you yet." He growls before informing Pidge that he'd be there soon.

When he arrives at the hospital he rushes to where Pidge had said his omega was roomed.
"Why wont he settle down!!?" He hears someone shout fro min the room. As soon as he walked in all eyes were on him and his disheveled hair.

He growled and shoved the nurse away from his omega. Lance whimpered and reached up to him, tears going down his face. "A-alpha?" He asks, slightly confused and dazed.

Keith takes one of Lance's hands and softly ran his thumb over the omegas knuckles. "You're his alpha? He's been calling out for 'Alpha' since he woke and has refused to let the nurses treat him. He keeps struggling we were thinking of using restraints." A police officer asks with a raised eyebrow.

Keith nods. "He should be stable enough now with me here. Do what you need."

"Alright. We're sending a psychiatrist in here to ask Lance some questions. She usually deals with abused children but this seems to be a special case." He calls out for someone and the lady comes in. He sits in a chair in the corner with a pen and pad, ready to take notes, while she pulls a chair to sit in front of the omega and alpha.

They have Lance sit up and Keith sits on the cot, Lance in his lap.
"Alright buddy, im Zuli, I'm gonna need to ask you some questions, are you okay with that or we can play a game?" Lance looks at Keith.

"Its okay love, do you want to do games or answer her questions?" Keith restates the question only to get a silent omega in return.

"Alright lets try this buddy" Zuli grabs Lance's attention again.
"All you have to do is shake or nod your head, okay?" Lance nods.

"Its quite common for abused teens or even children to go non verbal after a traumatic event" she explains to Keith.

She looks at Lance. "Those bruises and cuts, are they from someone you know?

Lance nods, but then shakes his head.

"Was there more than one person?" Lance nods.

"Were they friends with you?" Lance lifts his pointer finger. "One of them? How many were the not known people?" Lance lifts two fingers.

This is when Keith buts in "one of them was his father" Lance nods.

"Keith, can you tell me anything about Lance's father?"

"All i know is that he's an abusive prick" he growls but then lowers his head.
"He also abused Lance because Lance wasn't supposed to be alive" his voice wavers a little bit but he continues.
"Lance was born because his ma wanted to keep him, but his father didn't because Lance was born from rape. Lance's father didn't want a reminder of his wrongdoing but Mrs. Rosa still kept him." Lance stared at the boy with wide eyes.

Keith, ashamed that he kept abuelas' news from the omega, hung his head. The new piece of information seemed to knock Lance out of his mute state because he asks "How, why do you know that? That cant be true, papa loves mama, he'd never do that to her!" Lance's mind races as he refused to believe the obvious. He knew it was completely possible, his father only beat him and had happy relationships with the rest of his siblings, but he refused to believe his father would do such a thing to his ma.

Tears pricked at the corners of his eyes.
"Go. I don't want to hear more of your lies." Keith whispers a small apology and leaves the room.

Pidge was waiting outside the door, Keith didn't even know that she'd left the room.