chapter five

Lance shoots up in his seat.
"So, your almost Seventeen. You'll be getting your ears and tail soon enough." His father says gritting his teeth.

Lance nods.
When Omegas, Betas, And Alpha's turn seventeen they grow ears and a tail.

His father sighs and quickly looks towards him. Lance sees something in his eyes, remorse? Sympathy?

Then the moment is over as he turns to look back at the road.

"Your mother has convinced me that you should be able to do anything you want on your birthday. So you are allowed to talk, but only this week."  He says stunning the Omega next to him.

" M-may I call you something?" Lance asks and the man looks at him for a moment, a bit surprised after not hearing a word from his son for years.
He had forgotten his sons voice.

He thinks for a moment. "You can call me father. Nothing else! But you can talk more. Your voice is much different than I remember, and is quite pleasing to the ears." He mumbles the last sentence, but Lance hears him and a goofy grin settles on his face.

He subconsciously starts rambling on and on about Keith, his father smirks.

"Will you be inviting this 'Keith' for your birthday?" He asks and Lance jumps.

"Whaaa, w-ehat Keith?? I- I don't know what your talking about, I don't know any Keith. What's a Keith!" Lance rambles, flustered.

They make it to the house and when Lance steps in, like usual, his mother is there to greet him.

He hugs his Mum and she gives a stern look at his father.
"Lance, I'm leaving you to watch over your siblings. Your father will be with you, but I'm going to be in Cuba to take care of Abuela for a while. She's gotten sick and since Abuelo is no longer here, I must help her. " She says and Lance falls to the floor in shock.

" I will go. "

" Lance-"

" I'm gonna go. I'll take care of her. I'll bring Keith, if he wants to go. " Lance says. He still didn't fully trust his father.

"It might be good Rosetta, let the boy help Abuela. He was always her favorite. " He father says and finally, she agrees.

" Alright, but you must bring no more than two friends. " She says and Lance rushes to pack his clothes, toothbrush, and toothpaste.

Then he goes to sleep. He's leaving the next night.