One-Shot : Won't Bring Me Down

Won’t Bring Me Down by AWEsoMEtheMagician

"Look at her."

"Yeah, she thinks that she's pretty."

"Ha! She's pretty alright. As pretty as the sole of my right shoe!"

A group of girls laughed as you entered the classroom. You sighed as you continued to your seat. Today was going to be another long day.

"Don't listen to them... Don't listen to them...", you silently muttered to yourself. 

"Hey. She's talking to herself again!", a high-pitched voice whispered in a shout-like way. Or was it a shout in a whisper-y way? All you know was they were trying so hard to make you hear them. "What a freak!"

Cue the laughs. You impatiently looked at your watch. There were 10 minutes left before class started. You wished that you didn't go to school early.

--~•○●○•□•○●○•~--

*RIIIIIING*

It was finally recess. Letting out a sigh of relief, you hurried to your boyfriend's classroom. The thought of him made you smile. Alas, the hurtful totally-not-whispers continued even outside the classroom, but now's not the time to think about them.

Upon arriving at the door, you leaned on the wall next to it.

Your classmates never bothered to notice you. They probably didn't know you existed until that day... The day your relationship with your boyfriend became public. He was a famous model, the ace of Kaijo High's basketball team. It was no surprise that he was the school heartthrob. Meanwhile, you're an average student, with average grades, and with an average skill set. Not forgetting to mention your average looks, of course. Average everything. No wonder his fangirls couldn't accept you.

"____-cchi!"

"Aah!", you squeaked out. You staggered backwards in surprise. "R-Ryouta! You surprised me."

He chuckled. "You were expecting me, right?", he held out his hand.

You put your hand in his and nodded. "I was. I just got a little distracted."

The two of you started to walk away from his classroom. "You sure that's all?"

You gave him a small smile and nodded again.

"Phew...", he mockingly wiped away an invisible sweat-drop while looking at you. "I thought someone made my girl cry again."

Although you were quite broken right now, you couldn't help but smile when you're with him. "What would you do if someone did?"

He connected his fist with his other open hand. "Beat them up!"

You laughed. "You'll get in trouble!"

He slowly dropped his hands. "You're right... Would be bad rep."

"So, I guess I shouldn't tell you when someone makes me cry."

He protested. "Eh? I have the right to know!"

"Even if you do know, what will you do?", you looked at him with a blank expression.

He didn't reply immediately. You continued to walk up the stairs that led to the rooftop. When the two of you reached your destination, you put your arms on the railing. He did the same.

"I don't know...", he finally answered. "But I would make sure that I would be there to make you laugh."

You looked surprised for a moment, but eventually it melted into a smile. "Thank you."