Blissful Company

Keith's POV

"Hey there. Is this spot taken?"

At the sound of Lance's voice Keith started to panic and tried to gather himself before facing Lance. But alas, he is a dumbass and looked up a bit too soon.

"I-uh-um......yea. I mean no! I mean- *sigh* just sit down."

As Lance sat down Keith was immediately aware of the presence next to him. Maybe a bit too aware considering how much he's blushing. But it's a bit to late to change his mind now so he'll just have to deal with it.

"So...I heard what you said about me...in the hallway-corridor-whatever thing. Um...I just want you to know, the feelings are mutual."

Keith's heart stops. Or speeds up. He honestly can't tell. All he knows is that Lance- Lance McLain mind you- just confessed to him that not only does he like him back, but that he's falling in love with him as well. Just when Keith begins to gather his thoughts and say something, Lance gets up from the space next to him...and leaves? What the fuck. Why did he just leave after that?

"Wha-where are you going?"

All Lance does is hold up a single finger and disappears down the hallway. Keith wants to follow him but somehow he gets the feeling he should wait. And so he does. He just sits there and waits for like a home 10 minutes or something. He's just about to get up and look for Lance when, the man himself, reappears again. Then he grabs Keith by the arm with a bright smile, leading him into a room where he then covers his eyes and tells him not to peek.

"What's going on?"

"You'll see in a second pretty boy."

At that Keith's face goes so hot that he's sure Lance's hands will soon burn from the contact. He hears Lance laugh and, even though it's like super cliché and shit, he really does think it's one of the most beautiful sounds he's ever heard. Ugh. If he keeps this up he's gonna make himself vomit.

"1...2...3!"

When the hands leave his face and his eyes flutter open, he sees a beautifully decorated alter in the center of the room with food and chairs near, and in front of it, not to mention a couple strings of lights hung around the room, and an assortment of colorful decorations.

"Wow. It's so beautiful."

He looks at Lance with a small smile and he physically sees the boy squirm a bit. He chuckles a bit. The boy in front of him hides his face in his hands as he, very visibly, turns a shade of red. Keith looks around the room more as he slowly makes his way towards the alter. When he finally gets there he sees the candles and flowers they picked out. It puts a smile on his face seeing how nice it made the alter look. Then he notices two cushions in front of the alter and some food in front of those. He blushes, realizing that no one else was in the room.

"You can sit you know."

/

Lance's POV

Lance looks towards Keith's figure but has, by now, ruled out looking directly at home because this lighting does him too much justice and it does things to Lance's stomach.  Keith sits on the cushion he's nearest to and Lance does the same.

"It really is wonderful you know. The way you've decorated the castle and everything. It's all just so vibrant, So colorful, So..." Keith looks Lance in the eyes. "Beautiful."

It now occurs to Lance that he had just officially confessed to this boy less than 15 minutes ago (knowing that he likes him back) and still hasn't kissed him. Now, looking at Keith in candle light, seeing those mesmerizing eyes of his, slowly leaning in towards him, he realizes that Keith may want to kiss him too. So what does he do when he's close enough?  That's right, he kisses him.

The kiss starts out hesitant and unsure, but when Keith begins to kiss back Lance regains his confidence, and starts to really go for it. Really show Keith just how much he likes him. The kiss soon grows to something a bit more rough and hot. Lance trails his kisses from Keith's mouth down his chin and soon reaches his neck.

"Oh fuck~"

He begins to place multiple hickeys on a pale surface. Sucking in skin and slightly grazing it with his teeth. Drawing certain noises from Keith. And he expects the kiss to grow hotter, heavier. But it doesn't. It evolves from something needy and lustful, into something sweet and loving. Almost soft and heavenly. He trails back up and let's a smile seep three from his expression. He can feel Keith smiling too, and when they pull apart, they're both beaming at each other. Both blushing intensely but neither trying to hide it.

"So that happened."

"Obviously it happened Lance."

"Oh shut up!"

"Make me."

"Fine. I will!"

They kiss, and laugh, and talk for hours. Just being blissful in each other's presence. Not thinking of the war, or home, or even their friends. Just enjoying their time together. Making sure to not waste it on sadness or stress or anything negative at all. Because, at least for now, they just wanna he happy together. And that they will be. Because happiness comes to those who do not seek it for their own pleasure, but for others instead.

The End