Chapter Eight

/Vic pov/

"You're needed in the principals office Mr. Fuentes" Mr. Jones tells me. I throw my head back and sigh. I leave to go.

I arrive to the main office and I go to knock on Principal Andrews door. After a couple seconds the door opens.

"Hello Victor" he says to me as I enter.

"Hi" I say nervously.

"Well I'll get straight to it Vic, your off the team" he says

"What!? I've worked on getting better and everything you told me to do I don't understand"

"I'm sorry but I had no choice, and neither did coach ok, you're grades have been improving but your attitude isn't yet, and that's a major problem" he says. "You may go now, if you actually change I might rethink my decision"

I leave the office pissed off. Where the fuck is Kellin, and what the fuck did he say to get me kicked off. I storm off to the second floor and go right into his classroom ignoring the teacher talking to me.

"What the hell did you say to Principal Andrews to get me off the team!?" I yell at him.

"It's not my problem anymore what happens" he says.

"You'll regret this" was all I got to say as I was escorted out of the classroom.

Ugh! That's when I remember what I did. I completely forgot, I deserve this for what I did to him. How could I forget Dani still is bitching about it. What do I do now? Without the team my parents are going to hate me. I leave the school to sit on the football field and wait for lunch to come. I guess I should apologize to Kellin, Danielle was right the whole time. Plus I've really missed Kellin's company this past week.

Soon I lose track of time and just go to sit in the cafeteria, soon people come walking in and soon all my friends and Dani with her friends as well come over to me.

"Heard the news man, sorry to hear" Tony says to me.

"Yeah whatever" I say bitterly.

"What happened?" Alysha asked.

"Vic was kicked of the team" Mike chimes in. I roll my eyes.

"Oh I'm sorry Vic" she says. I don't want their attention, I want someone else's. I look over and see him laughing with his friends. Lucky.

I went the rest of the day thinking of ways to apologize. Should I go to his house? Should I stop him after school? I don't know, I think I'll just go to his house after school. So that's what I do. As I'm walking up to the door of his house. I subconsciously bit my lower lip nervously. Let get this done. I knock on the door and his mother answers.

"Hello Vic it's nice to see you again" she says to me.

"Hi, Mrs Bostwick, is Kellin here?" I ask.

"Yeah.... KELLIN!" She shouts.

"What!" He says. "Oh"

"What are you doing here, jerk face?" He directs at me.

His mom left the room. Now he's looking at me.

"Well I wanted to apologize, I'm sorry for yelling at you the other day, it was uncalled for and stupid of me, especially since I initiated it. And also for ignoring you, and yelling at you today in class, I was just annoyed for getting kicked off the team and I shouldn't have blamed you, you were just doing what you were told to do. So I'm sorry and I'd understand if you'd want to never talk to me again, but I'd also like if you do, I am pretty fond of you Kellin Quinn" I finish.

"Wow I never thought I'd here the great Vic Fuentes say those words to me anyway, but I don't know Vic I've been down that road of untrustworthy people and how do i know I can trust you" he says.

"I'm not great, clearly but I can make it up to you. Listen I don't apologize often, your you're pretty special to get an apology out of me, I don't want to lose, and as you know I'm working to be a better person so that's what I'm doing" I tell him.

"Ok fine, you get one more chance don't fuck it up, on one condition"

"What?"

"You answer me one question"

"Ok"

"Why did you kiss me?" I had a feeling this was going to be the one.

"Well, I'm not entirely sure, I mean, uh, I sorta like you, but then Dani came in and I freaked. In that moment I forgot all about her and everything else. I felt free in a sense or like a weight was lifted but reality slapped me in the face and yeah" I explain awkwardly.

"Dani told me" he says.

"Told you what?"

"She kinda thinks or knows your gay" he says.

"What? Oh, yeah she tried that last year"

"But is she right?" He asks me.

"I, uh, I don't know, I've never been in this situation before, I'll take some thought but I'll back to on that"

"Ok"

"Please keep this quiet for me, I don't want people to know anything if I, myself don't know for sure anyway" I tell him. He nods.

"So were good then?"

"Yeah, were good" he says.

"Well I better get home to do my homework then, see ya tomorrow" I tell him.

"Look at you, doing homework all by yourself I'm so proud" he jokes.

"Yeah yeah" then I leave, I go back to my car and head home.

"Victor Vincent Fuentes!" Mama says as I'm entertaining the house.

"What" I groan.

"You got kicked off the soccer team! How did this happen?!"

"It just did now let it go I'll find a way to get back on ok"

That's the end of that and she goes on to doing what she was before and I went up to my room, I do the homework I had to do then I sit there and think. About what I said to Kellin and what he said to me. But it's clear on what I have to do.