Chapter Ten

/Kellin pov/

I wake up to find a note on my nightstand, it was from Vic. That's cute he left me a note. I wonder when he left? Oh well I'll ask him at school.  I look at the alarm clock and see the time, Fuck I'm going to be late for school. I spring out of bed and pull on whatever clothes I can find and quickly put on my shoes and grab my shit and lock the door and run to school.

Make it to school, but of course I'm completely out of breath, I really should start exercising. I get to my locker where my friends are. I wave and open my locker.

"Dude where were y— is that a hickey?" Oli says to me. I slap my hand over the left side of my neck.

"Where did you get that, wait a better question is who?" Oli continues.

"It's nothing" I say quickly. That's when the bell rings for first period and I rush off before they can question me further.  I take out my phone and quickly send Vic a text.

To Vic: you ass, you left a hickey on me now my friends are questioning me

All he sends me is a smirking emoji, then asked if I told them.

To: No I didn't I type.

From: Ok, good I just don't want people to know yet and I like the idea of us being a secret it's cool I read from him.

I have to admit it is kinda neat that we're a secret for now, of course I wouldn't want it that way forever but I guess I'm the beginning it's nice. Anyway I put my phone down after a couple of my friends walk in to class late. They give me looks as they sit near me. I try to ignore and pay attention to the teacher.

As the day goes I keep getting looks from my friends, now that it's lunch I'm going to be interrogated. Since I don't want that I decide to hide out in the bathroom. Soon a got a text from Vic, and from Andy Oli and Lynn asking where I was.

I ignore my friends and go to Vic's text.

From: where are you?

To: in the bathroom to avoid interrogation

From: lol but seriously don't worry just sit down in the cafeteria with your friends

To: Ugh, only if you come over after school and fix this

From: no prob

With that I leave the bathroom and go into the cafeteria and sit down with my friends.

"Finally there you are" Andy says

"Yeah where have you been?" Lynn asks.

"In the bathroom" I state.

"So your going to ignore us now, wow Kellin" Oli says.

"I just don't want an interrogation from you guys alright" I tell them.

"Fine but you can just tell us that you got a boyfriend even if you won't tell us who he is" Lynn says.

"Fine yes and no he's not exactly my boyfriend it's complicated but we are in a kind of relationship" I say.

"I'm confused" Oli says. "Is he or isn't he?"

"I just told you it's complicated"

"What's so complicated he's either your boyfriend or he isn't" Oli continues.

"He doesn't want to be labeled as boyfriends ok" I tell them honestly.

"Sounds fake" Oli states.

"Yeah I have to agree with Oli on this one" Lynn says.

"Lynn" I whine.

"Sorry I don't know this sounds shady it's like he's embarrassed or something and or he doesn't want anyone to know you guys are dating it's weird for you, cause your so open" she says.

"Well I'm just thinking about him and what he's comfortable with, he's not as comfortable with being as open as I am and, and I've said to much" I say shutting up.

I don't say anything else for the rest of lunch and for the rest of the day. I walk home quietly and listening to music in my headphones. I get home and slump onto the couch and then I got a text from Vic.

From: still want me to come over?

I don't answer him. Maybe their right I should ask him to me my boyfriend even though I know he doesn't want a label I want one to know where we stand, but how would I go about asking it. I know it sounds stupid to want such a thing but if he goes out with other people it would hurt, all because wouldn't know or have clarity on how we stand to each other. He may not like labels, but I do and how did it all be about what he wanted. He didn't ask what I wanted. Sigh.

Suddenly there's a knock on the door.

"You came?" I ask.

"Yeah, you didn't answer me I was concerned, everything ok?" He asks.

"No, not really" I say.

"What's wrong?"

"Listen I've been thinking I don't know if I can do this half relationship thing, meaning I want us to be boyfriends I like you a lot, I know you said no labels but I like them as clarification on how we stand and if I mean anything to you—"

He kisses me.

"I have to shut you up somehow so I can talk, I get it, I like you a lot too, so fine you can be my boyfriend, but please keep this low key, just until I get used to this idea, please understand how hard this is for me. A part of me wants to just walk up to you in school and kiss you and the other part is scared of what people say and how they'll take it"

"Ok sorry I guess since I'm so open about it I forget it's hard for others" I say understanding.

"But please never question my affection for you, even if I'm not ready for people to know I still care about you a lot" he says. Then kisses me.

"Ok"

"Ok"

"Don't pull that fault in our stars shit" he leans in to kiss me again. I giggle at him.

"Now what are you going to do about this hickey?" I ask not really caring anymore.

"I'll show you" and he goes to kiss my neck again.

I let him since I enjoy the affection from him. Shortly he returns to my lips and kisses me and we stay like that for a couple hours, we'll at least until mom came home.

"Hey wanna listen to some music?" I ask him.

"Sure" then I go and pop in Green Day's Dookie album. Half way through the album he asks about the song.

"Oh this is one of my favorites it's called Coming Clean" I tell him.

"It's really good" He says.

I kiss him then we cuddle with him the rest of the time.