Chapter 6

"Hey Alec. Liam and I are going to the workout room during second if you'd like to join." Mason walked up to Alec before first period. Alec shrugged not really wanting to see Liam or anyone that was involved with what happened at the party on Friday. Although Mason was his only other friend.

"You know what? Sure. I haven't lifted since I got out." Alec said before walking off and heading to his locker.

"Since you got out of what?" Mason yelled to him. Alec forgot he never told them that he was in juvie. Oh well he’ll tell them later.

------------

"Dude when you said you haven't been lifting since you got out, what did you mean?" Mason asked as they started working out.

"Oh since I got out of juvie. Kind of forgot you didn't know that." Mason was shocked. He couldn't believe someone would say something like that so nonchalantly. He glanced at Liam to see what he thought but doubted he even heard Alec. Mason just shook his head and decided he didn't even care right now.

"You know how I keep reminding Garrett to give me back my hoodie?" Alec nodded his head distinctively remembering how often Mason would complain about that stupid hoodie. Alec was half tempted to just go and buy him another one.

"Yeah." Liam agreed although everyone could see he was distracted. Alec picked up some weights and started to do some lunges with them in hand.

"Well, I remembered he said he lived in that housing development on Spaulding." Liam got up and added more weights to his bar. "So I went there and guess what? The housing development is still in development."

"So?"

"There are no houses yet. So unless the dude lives in some backhoe, there's something he's not telling us." Liam started lifting again. "And then there's this other dude, man, he's He's been acting really strange."

"Running to school for no reason." Alec said sending Liam a look to try and tell him that if he better start hiding the fact he has changed better.

"Disappearing at parties." Mason added sending a thankful look towards Alec. Glad to have at least one friend who actually listens.

"Started to try cross-dressing." Mason sent Alec a surprised glance. He just shrugged. All Alec wanted was to see if Liam was really listening.

"Used to be my best friend." Mason sighed watching as Liam added his third 45 pound weight to each side making everything weigh about 300 pounds.

"Uh-huh." Alec starred as Liam layed back down and got ready to lift it. Mason sighed again but this time in a more concerned way.

"And he's apparently on steroids." Liam shot up and looked at Mason confused on why he would say that.

"What?"

"You're not actually going to try to lift that, are you?" Liam looked at the weights he was just about to lift then looked at Alec who was basically telling him to get his shit together with his eyes. "Are you all right? I mean, is it about the game tonight?"

"I'm fine. It's just a scrimmage." Liam tried to not only convince Mason but Alec also.

"You know who you're playing, right?" Alec figured whoever they were playing wasn't going to be good for Liam which made him sigh.

"Yeah."

"I think he means no." Alec said. If Masons glances were anything to go by then Liam would probably be more angry then distracted if he knew.

"I guess I missed the announcement." Liam admitted looking as if he wanted to be anywhere but here.

"Liam, it's your old school." Mason told him. Alec was instantly curious on everything that was happening. "Devenford Prep."