Chapter 14

"Dude honestly you need to come to movie night at least once." Mason told Alec. Him and Liam have been trying to convince Alec to come to the next movie night for the last twelve minutes, but Alec wasn't budging.

"Sorry guys. No can do. I've already got plans." Alec said and in reality he does actually have plans with his sister, but he wouldn't tell them that. Only a handful of people even know that he has a sister and Alec would like to keep it that way.

"Who could possibly be more important than us?" Liam asked. Him and Mason got real close to each other and gave Alec the best smile they could manage making Alec laugh. He glanced up and saw Scott and Stiles walking towards them giving him the perfect idea.

"I'm hanging out with Stiles. He owes me a burger after I wasn't able to eat mine last time. Isn't that right Stiles." Alec raised his voice so the boy in question was able to hear him. He gave him a look as if to say to please agree, so without thinking Stiles nodded his head.

"What's been with you two?" Liam asked. Alec didn't know what he meant so he explained himself. "It's just you two are always hanging out. Are you guys dating or something?"

"Nah man. He's just a really good friend." Alec answered looking at the ground to try and hide the pink tint to his cheeks. Scott was listening to what the younger boys were saying making him laugh. Stiles sent him a questioning look but he just shook his head.

"Are you sure you don't like him?" Mason asked catching the pink on Alec's cheeks.

"You know. I've been meaning to ask you. Do you still like Malia?" Scott asked Stiles hoping that Liam would catch onto what he was trying to do with Stiles. From the look Liam sent him he did.

"I thought I would." Stiles admitted. "But I dont. I think I'm over her."

"No not really. Just friends." Alec said but neither boy believed him since his cheeks were flaming red.

"So who do you like then." Both Scott and Liam asked the separate boys hoping that they would admit to liking each other.

----------

"Don't worry sweetheart. This will be quick and painless as long as you do as I ask." A man whispered in Lillian's ear with a sickening grin on his face. Lilian whimpered, the man was holding her arm at an awkward angle, making the man cackle.

Lilian shook her head refusing to do anything for this man no matter what happens to her. The man didn't take well to being refused. He grabbed onto her face and made her look at him. The only thing she could pay attention to was the yellow teeth that was getting closer and closer to her face.

"Scream dear. Scream for that useless brother of yours. Scream as loud as you can." Lilian saw the crazy glint in the man's eye and knew she wouldn't be getting out of this without some pain. He grabbed her arm and pulled causing her shoulder to dislocate. She went to scream but held it in refusing to do what he wants.

"So you want to play hard. I can do that." The man pulled a long knife out of the purple suit jacket he was wearing and held it to her face. "just scream and this will all be over."

She refused once again. She wouldn't put her brother in harms way no matter what. The man became angry and slammed her face into the wall next to them breaking her nose.

"I tried to play nice." He took the knife and dragged it down her stomach. It wasn't too deep but it was long and painful. She still didn't scream. He made another slash across the first one and this time she couldn't hold it in anymore.

"ALEC."

-----------

Alec was about to answer Liams question but stopped when he heard Lilian scream his name. It felt like every sense turned up to one hundred in that moment. He dropped every book that was in his hands and took off down the hallway towards the exit.

"Alec." Stiles yelled as he ran past. The four boys that saw what happened couldn't understand it. One second he was smiling and the next he looked more scared than anyone has ever seen him.

Alec could still hear Lilian crying and yelling for it to stop. He ran faster needing to get to her. He didn't pay attention to anyone or anything he just kept running until he made it to his house. He stopped. The noise wasn't coming from within but from behind it. He ran into the woods that we're behind his house and finally saw them. A man in a purple suit with white face paint and scars all over was holding his sister in a choke hold. He had a knife practically digging into her side. Scott and Stiles came up behind Alec riding Scotts dirt bike. The man wiggled his fingers at the three boys as if waving to them with a wicked smile on his face.

"Lilian.." Stiles whispered coming to stand right next to Alec. Stiles grabbed onto his hand hoping that would stop him from attacking the guy before they could get Lilian away from him. Scott glanced at Stiles and Alec wondering who this was and why they both seemed to know her but got no answer.

"Oh Alec. Dearest Alec. I've been waiting for you. Watching you." The man chuckled gleefully answered as if he didn't have a knife pointed at a young girl right now. If he could have Alec was sure he'd be skipping circles around them right now.

"Wow do you want a prize?" Alec snapped taking a step forward before Stiles pulled him back.

"What do you want." Stiles asked. The man turned and looked at him giving him a sour look.

"I'm not here to talk to you human." The man snapped pointing the knife towards Stiles. Alec stepped in front of him and growled at the man. "Oh you're just as glorious as I've been told."

"Who are you." Scott spoke up from beside Stiles. The man looked like he couldn't choose between looking sour or happy.

"Oh lovely. I was just hoping someone would ask." He said looking happy before going sour. "I was just hoping it would have been Alec. But no matter. They call me The Joker because of the likeliness of me and the character of the same name."

"What do you want." Alec yelled taking a step forward, this time Stiles wasn't able to pull him back.

"Oh Alec. Sweet innocent Alec. I want you. There is someone willing to pay much more than a measly twenty million for you alive." The man exclaimed excited at the prospect of all of that money.

"Let my sister go and I'll go with you. Just please let her go." Alec bargained. The man looked like he was going to agree but suddenly his face dropped into something that looked sad.

"Oh Alec how I wish it could be that easy." He said still looking sad before smiling a wide smile. "Oh wait. No I don't."

He shove Lilian to the ground and threw something at Scott in one quick motion. Scott didn't have enough time to move because of how fast the Joker was. Scott looked down and saw some type of tube sticking out of his shoulder with some liquid in it. He tried to grab it and remove it but the liquid released itself into his bloodstream. He quickly became tired and dizzy then passed out not even a minute later.

"What did you just do to him?" Alec demanded while he kept Stiles behind him. Trying to protect him.

"Oh how I love horse tranquilizers. They just work so well don't they?" The Joker chuckled. Alec saw Lilian run away towards the high school so he made a plan and set it into action.

"Run." Alec whispered to Stiles before he shoved him back towards Scotts dirt bike. Alec charged towards the Joker and tackled him. He got a few really good hits in but the Joker never once stopped smiling that creepy grin. The Joker pulled out a rod of some kind and shoved it into Alec's gut. Alec has never been shocked with electricity before and he hoped to never have to go through that again. Alec watched as the Joker advanced onto Stiles from his place on the ground before he passed out.