Chapter 24

Alec and Stiles were at the police station the next day after they figured out what happened to Scott and Kira. According to Stiles Deaton saw that Kate Argent, Alec had no idea who that was, attacked and kidnapped Scott and Kira, then took them to Mexico. Alec wasn’t there for that, but Stiles got the call from Lydia while Stiles and Alec were eating and once again Alec had to leave his food half unfinished.

“You're not going to Mexico.” Noah told his son looking stern.

“Dad, Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico. Okay? I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico.” Stiles told him trying to get Noah to understand why they had to go to Mexico. Noah knew that Stiles would do anything for Scott, but he refused to let him do this.

“Okay. Even if Deaton is right about this. The best thing to do is to go through the proper channels.” Noah tried to convince Stiles to do it the proper way and not just run straight into a possibly dangerous place. Noah looked at Alec who was sitting by the door just watching them, wondering why he isn’t helping try and convince him to let Stiles go.

“Dad.” Stiles tried to say something but Noah interrupted him not wanting to listen to what he had to say yet.

“That means calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points.” Noah told him wanting him to agree with him.

“Dad, I can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices. Okay? Someone needs to go down there right now, find them and rescue them. I'm going.” Stiles told him not backing down. He knew what the right thing to do was and he wasn’t going to let his dad convince him otherwise. Alec would have to congratulate his confidence later.

“I can keep you from going.” As a last stand Noah was willing to pull just about any card if it meant Stiles wouldn’t go.

“I'd find a way.” Stiles shrugged and they all knew he would.

“I can throw you in a cell.” Noah tried again making Alec scrunch his nose up. He hated being in those shitty cells.

“I'd still find a way.” Stiles said once again making Noah sigh.

“Stiles, please. Just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye! Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then I'll book two flights to Mexico. We'll both go. Okay? Okay, okay, great.” Noah begged knowing this was his last chance. When Stiles agreed he let out a sigh of relief before nodding towards him.
“Do I get a gun?” Stiles asked basically giving Noah and Alec a heart attack.

“No.” Alec said sternly finally speaking up for the first time since he got there. He held his head just thinking about Stiles with a gun.

----------

The next day Stiles, Alec, and Malia were at Scott's house trying to find something with a strong enough scent to track him with.

"Here, try that." Stiles pulled one of Scott's shirts out of his closet and threw it towards Malia. She shoved it in her face but shook her head.

"Fabric softener." She said while putting the shirt on Scott's bed. Stiles ran into Scott's bathroom and started digging threw his laundry hamper.

"Remember, Scott's life is on the line." He told Alec as he grabbed a dirty pair of boxers. Alec glared at Stiles for even thinking he'd do that.

"You're crazy if you think I'm smelling that." Alec snarled before moving towards Scott's bed and grabbing one of his pillows. "This."

"That works, too." Stiles shrugged throwing the boxers back into the hamper. As they walked downstairs Stiles smiled shyly at Alec before grabbing onto his hand. Malia watched the two boys as they stared at their intertwined hands with small smiles on their faces. She was happy that they found each other.