Chapter 17

After getting the bullet out of Alec's stomach, Alec fell asleep half on the bed half on the floor while Stiles went to the hospital to visit his father. When he got back he decided to look for more clues about who could be causing the deadpool. He ended up passing out at his desk in a very uncomfortable position. On Mr. Stilinski's wishes Parrish went and checked up on the boys, he picked them up and moved them onto the bed together so they could get some actual sleep. He didn't bother going and waking either of them up in the morning for school but did call Alec's parents and told them that he needed to talk to Alec about what happened at the hospital not that long ago and that he won’t be at school because of it.

Stiles woke up first to his phone buzzing from a text from Lydia. He felt pressure around his waist and saw an arm holding onto him. He was confused until he remembered that Alec was with him last night. Lydia asked if she could come over to try and figure out the keyword for the code. Stiles texted her back telling her that that would be fine before trying to get up to get ready.

Alec held onto him tighter each time he tried to move causing Stiles to question why he always seemed to be the little spoon. First with Malia now Alec. Eventually he managed to slip out of Alec's hold.

By the time Lydia got to Stiles house both boys were dressed and feed. Lydia raised her brow to Stiles when she saw that Alec was laying in his bed looking like he wanted to go back to sleep and wearing some of Stiles’ clothes which were a little too big on the younger boy. Stiles said nothing to her but she could see the faint blush covering his cheeks.

"Any idea on what the key could be?" Lydia asked both boys as she got her laptop out. Alec shrugged with a concentrated look on his face. Stiles thought for a few minutes before an idea struck him.

"Try Maddy. It's got to be Maddy." Stiles was sure of himself. Knowing if that was him he'd probably make Maddy the code.

"Doesn't Maddy feel a little obvious as a cipher key?" Lydia asked positive it wasn't going to be Maddy.

"I guarantee it's Maddy." Stiles claimed. Lydia just shook her head before turning to type it in.

"Could be Madison. You know to make it a little harder but still true to her love." Alec said making Stiles nod. Lydia tried both of them neither of them working.

"Okay, your name. She left the code for you, right? So it's got to be your name." Lydia tried her own name once again getting an error.

"Your mom's name?" Stiles tried. Lydia typed it in getting another error.

"But isn't it her dad's mom? Not her mom's mom?" Alec was confused on why Stiles would think it would be Lydia mom. Lydia nodded showing that Alec was right and tried her dad's name. Still didn't work.

"Do you have any beloved family pets?" Stiles tried getting desperate.

"Mmm." Lydia was getting annoyed that they were getting nowhere and so was Alec. He managed to fall asleep for a little bit, trying to ignore Stiles voice.

"The ashes were left for you. The code was left for you. You're supposed to be able to figure this out. But no one else is. Which is why she made it hard." Alec woke up to Stiles mumbling to himself and the printer beeping.

"Make that thing stop Stiles." Alec demanded glaring at the printer. Stiles couldn't help but think how cute Alec was with his hair sticking up every which way.

"Whoa! Okay?" Stiles shoved some papers into the printer not putting it past Alec to smash it if he got annoyed enough.

"Thanks." Alec mumbled before trying to fall back asleep. Although he got to distracted by Stiles talking.