Chapter 7

Liam, Alec, and Mason were talking before the scrimmage when Liam got distracted by Brett. Mason and Alec followed Liams gaze, seeing Brett getting his gear on. Both boys were enthralled.

"I don't care if he's a foot taller than me." Liam practically growled out. "I think I can take him."

"Yeah." Alec agreed trying to not look at Brett but wasn't doing all that good.

"Mhmm definitely." If Alec thought he was doing bad then Mason was actually horrible at it.

"What do you think you're doing?" Liam asked surprised at his friends reactions. He figured at least one of them would actually be on his side but then he realized what was actually going on.

" What? Me? Agreeing with you." Mason exclaimed barely talking his eyes off of Brett.

"We're being agreeable." Alec was the opposite to Mason. Instead of staring at Brett he's constantly looking everywhere else but where Brett is. Liam almost wanted to laugh at them.

"You two think he's hot, don't you?" Liam accused trying not to smile at his two friends.

"No! No." Mason denied hurriedly before looking back at Brett again losing all conviction in his answer.

"Not at all." Alec agreed. He noticed that Brett kept glancing over at them, almost as if he could hear them.

"No way! Maybe." Mason knew that no matter what he said he wouldn't be convincing.

"Yeah, maybe a little." Alec glanced back at Brett seeing him smirk almost positive he was listening now.

"He wants to destroy me." Liam reminded them.

"Shitty personality. Rocking looks man." Alec shrugged watching as Brett's brows scrunched up. He was sure Brett was a werewolf or something but didn't think anyone else knew that so didn't say anything yet.

"I think you could definitely take him." Mason said patting Liam on the shoulder.

"I agree." Alec said before taking a drink of his water.

"And then give him to me." Alec spit out his water not expecting that and Liam laughed out loud not believing that Mason just said that.

"Oooh I definitely agree." Alec laughed after he could properly breathe again.

"No, no. You two just go out there and kick their smug prep school asses." Mason encouraged.

"All right."

"Gladly." Alec smirked. When Brett turned and looked at them he flipped him off. Brett just turned his back to them.

-------

Alec heard someone calling his name as he was waiting for the game to start. He looked around and was surprised when he saw his parents and sister waving at him. He ran over to them, happy that they were actually there for him.

"Mom, dad. I didn't know you were going to come." Alec said grinning. He looked at Lilian but she didn't seem as happy but he couldn't understand why. The fact that their parents were for the game was a good sign right? They were getting better.

"Hey kid. We weren't gonna but changed our minds since we've barely seen you since we moved here." His dad answered and Alec immediately knew why his sister wasn't happy. He was high off his ass. If his mom's face was anything to go by he would say she was the same way.

"Did you two fucking drive here? In this condition. You can't even walk straight." Frank Grey was the type of father that didn't like being told they were in the wrong and he showed it.