Chapter 17: Limbo

x~X~x

"We wouldn't even be in this mess if you would have just let me tell them about what happen in limbo." I am currently being questioned about who I'm talking to and what did happen to me while I was in limbo. 

"Again, Jacqueline, who are you talking to?" Evelyn seems to be worried about me with what I say I'm seeing, and maybe because I also appear to be talking to thin air. 

"Fine. Just tell her about it all," my sister puts her head in her hands. 

I got the go ahead so I tell Evelyn and Leo about all that happen, even the fact that I know the boy that killed me. 

x~X~x

I might have scared them? Maybe? I finished explaining what all happen a few minutes ago, and they still haven't moved. 

"Umm. Hello?" I wave my hand in front of their faces, "Are you guys okay?"

"You broke them," I look over to see my sister rolling on the floor laughing, "you really broke them. Well, I guess you're on your own now."

"You know, since you became a ghost you seem to be really carefree, and childish." I cross my arms at her. 

"That's because nothing can happen to a ghost. I've already died, what else could happen to me?" 

I just roll my eyes at her, and look back at Evelyn and Leo, "I'm gonna go change and get ready for the trip back to castle, cause you know the whole thing about one of the daughters being the one to save the witches and the whole supernatural world thing." I leave the room and head to my sister's old room. 

I dig around her old clothes until I find a few things I like. I pack a few pairs into a bag and get ready to change. 

The outfit I chose is pretty simple. The boots go up to my knees and they have little belts on them to hold them up, and the pants are also black and are held up with a belt. The shirt is red and the sleeves go down to my elbows and the back has a diamond shape pattern down the spine outlined in black. 

"Wow you look, good sister," I look to the bed, "I am happy that I met you, even though I did die, I'm still very happy that I  finally met my sister that I had heard about in my dreams." 

I feel sad at the fact that I got her killed, but that's in the past and she said that she was fine with it all.

I turn to look in the mirror in the room and look at myself. Being a half vampire I can still see myself when it comes to reflections.

I still can't control when my fangs are showing but that's fine with me. I think that it's pretty cool that even when I have my mouth closed you can still see the tips of the teeth showing.  I am also really self-conscious about how I look so I lift up my shirt and see the scar from the sword that impaled me. 

The reason I still have it is that I acquired it when I was still living. My front scar is just below my left breast and it seems relatively "smooth", it's a little big but that's because when the boy stabbed me the sword twisted a bit. 

"I wonder what happen to him?" I question out loud to myself as the door opens. 

"I know what happen." Evelyn walks into the room and freezes when she sees my scar, "We captured him and he is currently being held in the jailhouse." 

I quickly pull my shirt back down and run out of the house. Being as that I'm part vampire I arrive at the building rather fast. I quickly walk into the building and begin to look around. As soon as I spot him though I feel what is left in my heart drop. 

His hands and feet are chained to the wall and he's covered in blood from head to toe, he is also wearing nothing but some shorts. He has to be freezing considering this place has no source of heat. 

I look around the area and spot a blanket, water, and the keys. I hear the door open but I pay it no attention, I am only focused on the dying boy in the cage. 

I can't just ignore him, I'm still someone that has medical knowledge. I open the cell door and shut it behind me again, just in case, and I unlock all the chains starting with his feet. Once I unlock his hands I catch him and lay him down on the blanket and start a small fire within the cage using the broken chair and bed. 

The smell of his blood is a lot for someone that is still new at this vampire thing, but that doesn't stop me from helping him. 

x~X~x

It took a long while, but I'm finally finished. 

"Are you done?" I finally look up at Leo and Evelyn standing on the outside of the cell. 

"Yeah, I'm done. I just need to keep an eye on him for the time being." I actually pick him up in my arms and open the door again.

"What are you doing?!" Leo screams at me, "He needs to stay locked up. He is a danger to us all."

I glare at Leo, my eyes flashing a deep purple color, "I know this child, and I'll be damned if I let him die on my watch." 

I don't think that they follow me out right away, but I pull the blanket around the boy more and pull him closer to me as I walk us to my sister's old house. 

x~X~x