Chapter 38: Beginning of the Change

x~X~x

I feel the pain again before I see any light. It seems that just moving my eye's hurt my whole body. I grunt in pain and I suddenly feel the light pressure of a hand on my arm.

"Jacqueline?" I know that voice. I want to open my eyes, but the weight that is holding them down will not leave. "Baby, please wake up." Her voice is starting to crack like she's going to cry, so I try my best to move any limb that I can to show her that I'm awake. I feel my fingers twitch ever so slightly, but that was enough for Evelyn to notice and grab my hand. I can't do anything to show her that I'm awake, and I hear her sigh and the light pressure on my arm leaves. 

Right after her hand leaves my arm the smell of blood fills the room. I want to sit up but I can't but soon the cooper tasting mixture fills my mouth. My body acts on its own, sucking the blood from Evelyn's arm. 

"Slow down baby, you'll drain me." She smooths my hair down. With the new energy that I have flowing through me, I open my eyes. 

"But, you taste so good. I can't resist." I smile at her. She pulls her arm away and I whimper, but she ignores it and throws herself on me. I catch her and sit up with one arm, it hurts but I know that she might have been in more pain than me as she was more and likely the one that dragged Thero and me up from the bottom floor. 

I quickly push her away, and she looks at me funny. "What's wro-"

"What happened to your father?" I cut her off before anything. I remembered that I never did kill him and I was knocked out after his last move. She gets off the bed and looks away from me, biting her nails. 

"Well..." She trails off. 

"Evelyn," she looks at me, "what happened to us?" I plea to her.

"Okay, fine." She turns back to me and sits in an older looking chair. "I had been thrown into that pillar so I only know what happened after I woke up. When I woke up I didn't see anyone, other than my mother's body, I limped around looking for anything that could indicate what happened, that's when I found the hole in the floor." She takes my hand. "I saw you and Thero laying at the bottom of it and my mind went to many different places all at once. I ignored the pain that I was feeling and I went down the hole." 

She stands up and begins to pace around the room, "Turns out that Leo and Masami were also down there, but I'll let them tell you about themselves. When I got down there, there was no sign of my father, and even Leo said that he ran into the room soon after he heard a loud crashing sound. He ran in maybe two minutes after the sound and he didn't see anyone that resembled my father, or anyone for that matter." Evelyn looks at me, "He just disappeared." 

"How long have I been out?" I swallow the lump forming in my throat. 

"About three weeks." A new voice rings through the air. I know that the voice belongs to Leo so I just stay look at Evelyn.

"How?" I look at him, his white hair has grown a lot longer since we first met and is in a half pony-tail, "How could I have been out for that long when I am half-vampire?" 

"We don't know either. Thero and I woke up about two days after the fight was over and the bites hit us like a stone wall." I give him a puzzling look so he explains, "I was bitten on the battlefield, and as for Thero I think that Henry bit him just before I got there." He looks to Evelyn, "I'll go tell everyone that she's awake now." Then he leaves.

My eyes widen when as I remember as to why we were fighting. 

"Where is everyone? Did we do the spell right? Are they free?" I stand up too quickly and my legs give out from under me, but lucky for me, my girlfriend has really fast reflexes and catches me. 

"Woah, slow down, and to answer your questions in two answers. They are here at the castle and yes, you did the spell right," she pulls me close to her chest, "they are free now." I sigh with relief. 

"I want to go see them." A lone tear escapes one of my eyes. I had grown really close to almost all the people there and I really want to see them all, "Can we go now?" I look her in the eyes. 

"Yes, we can." She starts to set me down, but I stop her. 

"I want to go see them, but I don't think I can walk yet." I smile innocently up at her. Although, its true. I really don't think that I can walk yet. She just smiles at me and walks out of the room with me in her arms. We walk out of the room and down the halls of the castle until we reach a back door, probably the back because the front might still be in really bad shape. 

She pushes the door open and cheers erupt from all around me. I look around me seeing all the familiar faces that I had met in The Other Place, all the witches are showing their love to Thero, who just showed up at my side, and I by throwing magic up in the air and then the elves shoot arrows at the magic and it explodes into many different colors. 

We all then proceed to party until long after the sunset. The four -- sorry, five-- of us are sitting at a long table with my mother, Lillian, and with Elwin, the current leader of the elves. People will come up and offer us some little things that they made as gifts for saving them, but others just talk about what will happen now that they're all free. We just tell them the truth, we don't know. Then my mother and Elwin tell them that it needs to be talked about between us and the human rulers, but for tonight we party. 

x~X~x

It's been long after everyone at the party has passed out, and Evelyn is currently stealing me away from the castle and to the house that she built. I can walk now, but she still insists that she carry me to the house, I giggle and bury my head into her neck giving her some playful kisses. 

We reach the house really fast. She opens the door and takes me to the room that Leo had been building before we were called to fight. I forgot that it was the bathroom, and I gasp at the sight of the new building technic that came to be not that long ago. 

"I thought that you would like to wash before anything was to go on between us, being that it has been three weeks and some days since you have washed throughly." She pinches her nose, saying that I smell. I hit her playfully in the arm. 

"I didn't think that it was that bad." I pull some of my hair up to my nose and sniff. I nearly fall back at the smell. "Never mind. I really do smell bad." 

"Told you," she kisses the top of my head, "I'll be waiting in the bedroom." She walks away with a sway in her hips. 

I smile and try to hurry with my wash,  but I struggle with trying to figure out how to use this room. After about five minutes though I finally being to wash and I try to be as quick as I can, while still cleaning myself the best I can. Once I finish I begin to look around for some form of clothes, when I realize I forgot to get any. I hang my head in defeat, but from the corner of my eye, I see a big fluffy looking cloth. I just grab it and wrap it around myself then step out. 

I step into the bedroom and see my girlfriend laying on the bed, dead asleep. I just smile to myself, I did find out what the day was and I did know that it was her day to sleep. She did well staying up this late without passing out. I just walk to the closet and find a big shirt to wear and I slip it on. I curl up to my girlfriend and just snuggle with her for the night. 

Tonight we relax, tomorrow we change the world. Again.

x~X~x

So this is the end of Immortal Sin, I bet you thought that I would end the book with then behind closed doors, but no! That was to be expected, so I made her sleep, you can fight me :p. So instead of doing another chapter set in the future, I'm just going to do another book later on after my next girl x girl book. Oh, about that book, I'm might post a chapter of it today or tomorrow, but it's called The Captin's Mermaid so be on the look-out for it. I also have a boy x boy book that is still ongoing if you want to check it out.