Chapter 25: Thero's Blood

Warning: Mentions of partial nudity. 

x~X~x

When I open my eyes I see something that I didn't want to see. 

I've arrived at the waterfall, but I'm at the top of it and I'm running to fast to stop that fast. I try to stop, but I'm too late. I fall off the cliff and to the dark, moonlight, waters below. 

I can't feel temperatures as well as when I was just a witch, but being half I can still feel that the waters are still cold from winter down at the bottom. I swim to the top, taking my time when I swim away from the bottom, and when I reach the surface I hear a howl. When I look to the shoreline I see a naked Leo howling up to the star-light sky. 

I clear my throat, and he turns towards me using his tail to cover his front parts. He jumps into the water and I swear I can see steam rise from where he went in. When he comes up I think that he has calmed down some. 

"How long have you been here?" He's still hiding under the water to the point that I only see his chin up. 

"Well, I was under the water for maybe two or three minutes just swimming. I only came up when I started to hear howling." I turn and point up the waterfall, "I came from up there. I fell off the cliff." 

"Damn, so that means you beat me." I get slashed with water from where he hit the water with his fist. 

"Hey!" I yell at him, while I splash some more water at him. That was the signal for the water fight.

x~X~x

We decided to jog back, but as we get closer to the camp we slow down to a walk. As we get closer to the edge of camp I can see that Evelyn is on watch. Once she sees us she gets up and walks towards us. 

"So who won?" She crosses her arms like a furious mother, glaring us down. 

Leo looks like he is about to bark that he won, but I quickly jump onto his back and hold his muzzle. "I won by a few minutes and jumping, and or maybe falling off a cliff," I quickly ramble out. I let go of Leo and he walks off, whining in defeat, towards his tent. 

"Well, now that you and Leo are back we all need to talk," she glances towards Thero, who fell asleep in a tree. "On second thought, maybe in the morning." 

x~X~x

The sight of the sun rising is a welcomed sight, to both me and Masami. Apparently, they don't need to sleep, they just do it for the fun of it. 

Masami was willing to stay up with me at last night so that way I wasn't bored out of my mind, I would've hung out with Evelyn but she was working on something and I could tell she didn't want to be disturbed. 

I have to wait a few more minutes before everyone is awake, but once everyone is awake and has eaten we get right down to business. 

"So we might have some information on why Dimitri didn't want anyone to turn or drink from Thero." She looks to me, "How are you feeling? Playful, energetic? Anything?" 

Now that I think about it I do feel like I have lots of energy. "Yeah, I do feel like I have lots of energy." I stand up and jog behind them a few times. 

"That's one of the effects of Thero's blood. I gave you some this morning for your breakfast." She stands in front of me, grabs my shoulders and sets me back down in my seat. 

"That energy is a side effect of drinking his blood." She glances to my now bouncing legs, "We believe that this energy is the only reason why Dimitri didn't want anyone to change him," a short pause, "or drink his blood." 

I start to think that it may be true because I did have lots of energy last night when Leo and I raced each other to the waterfall. 

"Although," she went back to her seat, "we have no clue if there are any side effects from drinking the blood." 

I stand up quickly, "You're using me as the test subject!" I sit back down, "Man, that's low."

"Well, yes and no." Thero speaks up, "We're using both of the resident vampires as test subjects." 

"And how often are we going to be doing this?"

"Maybe once a week, or every other week." Evelyn looks over to Thero, "I guess it all depends on Thero." 

x~X~x

We pack up camp and meet in the middle by the fire, I start kicking dirt over the hot coal. 

"Are we all packed and ready to go?" Evelyn comes from around a tree.

"I believe we are, I even modified my bag to be able to hold Masami." I turn to show them Masami sleeping on the top of all my stuff. "I believe that she'll be comfy the whole trip, unless we decide to either fight or run."

"Wait," we all look to Leo, "do we know which way we need to go?" 

Everyone looks to me. 

I just sigh, set my bag down heading to a tree, grabbing the map on my way. 

"You guys are hopeless. One of these days I'm going to leave you to find your own way." I shout over the wind. 

x~X~x