Chapter 23: New Buddy

Warning: This chapter contains blood. And a bad fighting scenes. 

x~X~x

Being thrown into a wall really hurts when you're not expecting it to happen. I go down to my hands and knees, well more hand and knees. I look at the arm that Masami bite into to throw me into the wall, thank the gods that I'm half vampire and it has healed a lot now. My arm is still covered in blood and the healing has already started to slow down. Damn! I knew I should have drunk some blood when I got into camp, but that's in the past now, right now I need to focus on how I'm going to calm Masami down. 

She's pissed that her best friend died, and she's blaming me for it saying that if I never came down here he would still be alive. How do I know that? Well, I've read that when a kitsune is in this form they can talk directly into people's head when they want to talk. 

I know that talk isn't going to calm the white, black and red, demon unless I force her to. The spell that I have in mind for the creature is going to have to be a strong one, the more powerful the creature the more powerful the barrier is going to need to be. 

I stand up on shaky legs and hold up my right hand, while my left drips more blood into the blood puddle beginning to form under my feet. 

"Obice!" I shout using a lot of strength, that I don't have, to form a golden sphere around Masami. I start to shrink the ball little by little, then I throw it into a wall, releasing the magic causing Masami to hit the wall. I do this a lot until Masami shrinks down into their small dog form, finally forcing them to listen to me.

"I didn't kill him," I slowly limp my way towards the fox, "he was a human, they normally only live for sixty years while he lived to one hundred years." I fall to my knees next to her, "Even if I didn't come here he still would have died. That's the course of a human life, he lived his life to the fullest and he died a very happy man." I pull the kitsune into a hug, "Now, I don't think that he would like the fact that almost killed someone just because he died. I didn't know him long but I think that he would like if you moved on, instead of living in the past." 

After a minute or two we finally stand up and start to bury the man. While fixing my arm up in the main living space I find a book, a journal, that has his name in it. When I go back to the forest Masami has already dug the grave and pulled a rock to the head of it. 

I open up the journal so I can spell it right and use my magic to engrave the stone. 

When I'm finished the stone reads, "Here lies Owein Price. The human that lived to a hundred, and lived to the best life he could." 

The kitsune helps me lower his body into the ground and finish burying him. I then go back to the main living space to give Masami some time alone with him. I start to go through the few things that he had, I take the herbs, store them in jars and put them in my bag, I do the same with a few of the books that he had. 

"Jacqueline!" I'm suddenly getting hugged from behind, and it scares the hell out of me so I grab an arm with my own good one and throw them to the ground.

"Thero!" It shocks me even though it shouldn't, I knew he was coming.

"Gods! Are you okay? You're covered in blood." Even though I threw him to the floor like a maniac, he's still asking if I'm okay. I let him go and I fall back into the chair.

"Yeah, I'm fine...Mostly." I rub my arm. 

"I came as soon as I could, your sister just said something about you where being attacked, but I didn't hear by what because I took off before she said what it was." he looks around, "So did you kill it? Where's the body."

I just laugh and he looks at me in confusion.

"The only reason that I was fighting was because she was pissed that she lost her only friend for the past hundred years." He just looks at me like I'm crazy. 

So I just stand and gesture for him to follow me. As I lead him into the forest I see that Masami is in her true form, but I don't stop, I go all the way up to the grave and knell next it. 

"Are you ready to move on?" I question the kitsune while praying to the spirit of Owein. She replies by shrinking down and paws at my sling. I just giggle and open it up and she crawls into it, it hurts but not that much since I covered the wounds in medicine. 

"How are you going to explain to your girlfriend what happen?" Thero throws my right arm over his shoulders to help me walk. The exhaustion from healing and using my magic catching up with me. 

"The usual way with my good looks and charms." I stop outside of the cave.

"Celare." 

The entrance of the cave warps until the whole thing is hidden. No one would know it's there. 

"Okay let's get back to camp I'm starving." I smile up at Thero.

"Why'd you do that?" He starts to walk.

"He asked me to." 

He doesn't ask any more questions.

x~X~x