Chapter 37: Bring Them Back

Warning: Mentions of blood, death, gore, and some language. 
I'm lame and love the cliche thing so I'm going to say, remember to vote and comment! :p 

x~X~x

I watch the sun as it's beginning to rise over the horizon, and I begin preparing the ingredients that are needed for today. I glance over at my friends sleeping forms. They seem so peaceful as they sleep, I regret having to wake them up and have them face the reality of this world. 

I quietly make my way over to the other side of the shed where Thero is sleeping. I guess Evelyn is outside because I don't see her laying on the floor or even in the shed, but I don't want to worry all that much because of what is happening within the hour. I shake Thero awake and after he rubs the sleep from his tired emerald eyes he realizes that today is the day that we attack the vampires. 

All within the next hour we all get up and pack the things that we would be needing to attack. We are all are currently standing outside, facing the direction of the castle that will soon be raided. 

"Are we ready?" I voice a very stupid question. Of course, no one is ready, why would they? Two of us have a very high probability of dying, one has to fight her parents that the other two have to fight almost an entire army of vampires. I just sigh, "Stupid question, I know." 

Nobody seems to want to move so I take a deep breath in and exhale as I take a step in the direction we need to go. As I walk the others slowly join in behind me with Evelyn following in right behind me then Thero and finally Leo in last. 

x~X~x

We are all currently hiding in the tree line just before the clearing that the castle was built in. I glance to both my sides seeing Evelyn and Leo on my left, and when I look to my right Thero and Masami are there. They all nod at me and I begin my part of the attack. 

Fireball spells that I had set up around the tree line all fire at once, two of the spells more powerful than the others and the one that I send also being a more powerful one. They all hit the walls at once, the three breaking the walls in the places that we had planned. One hit the area where the guards sleep and spend their free time at, another hit near the bridge, and the last one hit up at the throne room. 

It doesn't take long for the guards that weren't killed to come rushing out of the castle and into the field, ready to battle. We all wait for just a few seconds more before rushing out of our hiding spot. Leo and Masami run out in front of us letting them lead us through the growing crowd of vampires, Thero pulls a bow off of his back and begins shooting all that he can from this distance. I throw a lower level shield around the three of us to help us get through the crowd.

Leo pounces into a group of them, taking all four of them down while killing another. Masami starts her attack also, using her claws to slash through a few vampires. Thero, Evelyn, and I just keep moving forward, making our way to the throne room. 

I'm thrown off my feet and I tumble and roll over the field of battle, I only stop when I hit someone. 

"Jacqueline!" I hear Evelyn call for me from somewhere on the field, and I shout the only thing that I can at the moment,

"Just go!" I lift myself up, a dull pain in my shoulder, "Thero you know how to start the spell, just go! Take Evelyn with you, I'll be fine!" I am acutely aware of the presence standing next to me, waiting for me to stand and face them. I stand to face them, my own purple eyes meet a set of gray ones that have a look of enjoyment in them. I then take in their face,

"Dimitri." I spit the name out of my mouth, just the sound of his name is making my ears bleed. 

"Yes, hello, it's me. I thought that you had died all that time ago." His voice is calm as he stalks around me in a circle.