A Minor Upgrade.

I didn't sleep. Screams ringing through my head, as I clung on to my torso, rocking back and forth. Desperately trying to control my breathing, I register the pitch black room.

It was gigantic, my bed in one corner, Peter's bed in the one opposite mine, whilst Oliver and Damien (for now) slept on the floor. Ashley just slept in the corner, her legs up against her chest.

It sucked, I haven't told anyone about the insomnia or the pain. I wanted to, I really did. But I just feel like that's more problems for them to deal with, and I don't want them to be pressured with my problem.

Closing my eyes, a squeaky voice called out to me.
'Y/n?' Crap.
'Y-Yeah...?'
'It's me, Peter. Are you okay? I've been watching you - not in that way! But you just seem so...'
'Scared?' I open my eyes, to see him staring at me whilst sitting up.
'I was going to say petrified, but scared works.' Sighing, I get to my feet, still in my suit.
'I'm fine, Peter. Just go back to sleep, don't worry about me.' I reassure him, using the voice HYDRA taught me. Although I hate using the sly tactics they tell us to use, it has an eighty percent chance of working.
'Okay, y/n. See you soon.' He smiles cheerily at me, and for the first time, I smile at him. His sleepy brown eyes closing slowly, before he turns over, and I quietly shut the door.

Running my hand through my hair, I make a silent pace for the lab. The adult Avengers were still talking together as a group on the couch.
'Hey! What're you doing up?' Stark questions, as they all turn their heads towards me.
'Couldn't sleep.' I bluntly reply. Stark exhales and calls out.
'FRIDAY, scan her for weapons.'
The robotic voice replies instantly.
'6 weapons found, would you like me to call SHIELD?'
The Bird-Arrow guy (Clint, I think) whispers to Natasha.
'Yep, that's normal.'
I nervously make an excuse, rubbing the back of my neck.
'You can supervise me if you really want, but I'll just be like, there.' Using the voice, Stark immediately falls under the persuasive spell.
'No, you go ahead kid.' The Avengers raise a surprised eyebrow at Stark, as I quickly walk away before he breaks out of it.

Entering the lab, I dump all of my guns on the desk. Something catches my eye, and I groan in confusion and annoyance.
Call me pretentious and cocky, but this was so impractical. Stark's newest suit, Clint's signature bow and Steve's shield lay on display.

Rolling my eyes, I inspect Stark's latest work. Decent, it's actually pretty good. But it can definitely be improved. Taking ahold of the suit, I drag it to a table.

Starting with cellular reconstruction, I get to work. Grabbing the seemingly infinite resources, I start on the gas. This gas, is a lifesaver. Quite literally, as well, because it replicates Ash's healing ability.

After about 2 hours of work, I wipe my brow. Adding the design to make it look 'Iron-Man', I finish my work. Now, if FRIDAY (as he calls it) detects a fatal or severe wound, she can reconstruct the damage. Satisfied with my hard work, I put it back in place. Now on to Cap's shield.

I got stuck on what to add, when I realised. Why upgrade his shield?
My eyes searched for the suit, and I quickly ran in to the living room. Skidding slightly, I accidentally shouted from urgency.
'Steve I need your suit!'
He tilted his head, before asking cautiously.
'Why do you need it?'
'I just do, come on, please!' I begged, practically sprinting around the room.
'It's in the Armoury... should we be concerned?' He questioned, sitting up. My eyes lit up at his answer, before I sprinted in front of them.
'No reason, thanks Steve!'

Panting, I reach the armoury. Scanning the room, in the very centre, was the famed Captain America suit. I heave a sigh of relief, before pulling it off the rack. It was twice the size of me, but that wouldn't stop me.