Cat And Mouse

My head rested in palms of my
hands. My contacts were in, but they just felt so different. Anger swelled in me, but I aimed it at myself. If I just kept my mouth shut, maybe they wouldn't have stopped talking to me.

I punched the wall, a large crack appearing in the wall. The floor shook a little, but it still remained quiet and peaceful. Looks can be deceiving.

Those words. God, they send shivers down my spine. I haven't heard them in ages, so I guess it probably felt worse.

The door creaked open, as Peter pranced in to the room. He skimmed along the floor, and picked up a red and silver laptop. His deep brown eyes scanned the room, and his eyes locked on to mine. For about 10 seconds, we just stared at each other. Was there anything to say?

He placed down his laptop gently, and sat down next to me. There was an awkward gap between us, so taking a deep breath, I shuffled closer to him.

For a moment he stiffened, but then sunk down a bit to my level. I felt my eyes close, and I drifted off quickly.

'So... did you two...fondue?' I heard a voice ask.
'What? No! No! We did not...!' Peter's voice squeaks.
'Fondue? The fuck is that?' My hoarse voice croaks. Sighing, my eyes snap open to the scene.
Peter was next to me, looking pale and red at the same time. Two 100 year old men stood staring at us.
'It's a... it's a... never mind.' Steve tried to explain, his eyes awkwardly glancing to Bucky to help him. He shrugs, watching Steve squirm to answer.

Confused, I get to my feet.
'Say hi to Oliver for me.' Pressing the button, my mask wraps around my mouth, and the notification sends. Sighing, I remove my contacts and put them in my pocket in their small case, and avoiding their watchful eyes, I head to the window.

Waiting 5 seconds, I hear a rumble of footsteps.
'Y/N! Y/N!'
'That's my cue.' I drop out of the window, waving to the 3 men behind me.

Elegantly, I latch on to the balcony 3 floors below. My hand scrapes on the stony platform, one hand hanging above the ground that was so far away.

Pulling myself up, I readjust my suit and hair. I need
to get the notes Stark took from Banner. Holding my hand gently near the locked balcony door.
Click.
Sliding through the glass door, I register where I was. A meeting room, by the looks of it. The empty swivel chairs and wooden table gave me an office sort of feeling. Maybe this is Stark Industries' level.

Still warm coffee lined the table, the scent filling the room. Meeting must've just ended. As I gather more information on my surroundings, I come across two ID badges. Taking one, I read the other and gulp at the name.
Tony Stark's ID Badge.
His famed but tired voice echoes down the hall, as he commands his workers with files. I dash underneath the table, as the door clicks open.
'So make sure you have them at my desk by Monday, thanks Linda.' His footsteps circle the table, stopping at the front of the table. The whistle of the wind makes his feet point to the door.
'That's odd, I don't remember opening that.'
I forgot the easiest thing. Shutting the fucking door. Stopping myself from groaning, he slides the door back in to position.

Watching his expensive leather shoes, he gets a phone call.
'This is Tony Stark, why should I help you?... I see, me and the kids will go look for her. Alert the security and Happy.' The beep signals the end of the call, as he mutters.
'Why can't she just follow the damn rules...' The door closes with a thud, and I come out of my hiding place.
Great. So now I have the group on my ass, plus Peter, probably the rest of the Avengers, and now the entire of Stark Industries' security.
I've always liked a challenge.

First order of business, I can't go around with my ivory white eyes. Pulling out my contact case, I put in the deep brown ones. Planning to myself, I put on dark eyeshadow and a deep red lipstick. Final touches, I put on a cap and sunglasses.