ACCIDENT - jack

quick question: for requests, would you mind if I said you requested it or just left it and said it was a request? idk if that makes sense

Jack didn't know how everything went wrong. Everything blurred together until it was all just one giant hazy mess. One second he was hanging up the phone with Zach, telling him he was almost home. The next thing he knew, he lay on his back in the middle of the street.

Everything seemed to slow down. People swarmed around him, cars skidding to a halt as they saw him. People were on their phones, calling for help, he assumed. The driver had gotten out of their car, apologies spewing from her mouth at a rapid pace as she panicked. She cried as she saw him laying there, face scrunched up in pain as he tried to block out her annoyingly upset voice.

Why was she crying? She wasn't the one that was just hit by a truck while she was trying to cross the street. She wasn't the one that feared they might not make it. She wasn't the one that thought she might not make it home to her boyfriend today.

Jack felt tears spring in the corners of his eyes as he thought about Zach. Would he ever see him again? His mind told him no, the negative side of him telling him he'd never see his love again. Jack's body flared up in excruciating pain as he clutched his arm.

It had all happened so fast, how did this happen? Jack had waited patiently at the crosswalk until it was his turn to cross, there had been no cars. He had pushed off on his skateboard, almost reaching the other side before a car had come flying around the corner. He remembers the initial impact, being hit on his right side as the air got knocked out of him. He had gone flying off his board, landing on his left arm as he tried to brace himself to hit the ground.

It was too late to rethink his decision before his left arm took most of the impact of the fall. Pain flared up his arm, his body aching everywhere as he struggled to stay conscious.

"Hello? Sir, can you hear me?" Opening his eyes, Jack noticed a young woman, probably around Jonah's age, trying to get his attention. "There we are, you have to stay awake for me, okay? The ambulance is on its way."

Jack could only stare back at her as a tear slipped down his face. He was scared. Terrified at the thought that if he let his eyes close, he may never open them again.

"I'm Wendy, what's your name?" The lady was trying to get him to stay awake, keep him talking as she prayed the ambulance would hurry up.

"J-Jack." Jack stuttered out, more tears falling down his face as he struggled to keep his eyes open.

"You'll be just fine, okay? How old are you, Jack?" Wendy smiled kindly at him, not giving away how nervous she truly was. His arm was bent at an unnatural angle, Wendy suspecting internal damage as blood trickled out of the side of his mouth.

She tried to help in anyway she knew as she kept him talking, checking his pulse and observing his outside injuries, having no idea what was going on inside by just looking at him.

"I j-just turned n-nineteen." Jack coughed, a wheeze escaping him as he found it hard to breathe all of the sudden.

"Well, happy birthday then. Do you have anyone special in your life?" Though it was a small, meaningless conversation Wendy used to keep him talking, she was glad for it as a small smile flickered over Jack's lips.

"Z-Zach. He's my b-boyfriend." Wendy could hear sirens in the distance, getting closer as she continued talking with him.

"How long have you two been together?" When she didn't get an answer, she gently tapped Jack's face, eyes swimming with concern for the boy. "Jack, hey, you need to stay awake for me a little longer, okay?" He just nodded, though his eyes remained closed.