ACHLUOPHOBIA - corbyn

achluophobia: fear of the dark. (also called nyctophobia)

corbyn for -bazzis and dorbyn cause I know you love :')

and because I got the phobia idea from your autophobia one so thanks hehe

also I'm scared of the dark so😔✌️

Corbyn waited anxiously at the top of the stairs, staring down at their landing where the light turned to complete darkness.

Corbyn debated going down for his charger or staying upstairs in the comfort of his well lit room. He knew he was missing something earlier, not realizing until after everyone had gone to bed and turned the lights off downstairs.

He paced back and forth at the top, making sure to keep his steps light to not alert any of the boys that he was up.

It was already nearing midnight, the lateness adding to Corbyn's increasing anxiety. He'd been sitting in his room for nearly an hour, waiting for a boost of confidence to get himself to go down that never came.

Finally making his way into the hallway, Corbyn found himself I'm his current predicament. He sucked in a breath as he took slow and hesitant steps down the stairs, stopping a few before the last one, foot hovering above in fear. No matter how much he knew he would be fine once he gotten it over with, Corbyn couldn't help the anxiety creep in as he lifted his head and stared around their pitch black living room.

Corbyn hated that he couldn't see anything. His paranoia would hang around at the back of his mind, waiting for the perfect moment to shower Corbyn in anxiety ridden thoughts that shook him to his core.

His mind raced with the countless possibilities of what could be lurking in the dark, only scaring himself further.

Making a dash for his charger plugged in not far from the couch, Corbyn fumbled with the cube as he struggled to unplug it from the outlet.

With his charger successfully in hand, Corbyn felt his breath quicken as he frantically glanced around in the dark. His eyes had adjusted as best as they could, still leaving Corbyn blind to whatever could be creeping in the dark corners of the room.

All thoughts of staying quiet went out the window as Corbyn rushed back up the stairs, feet hitting the stairs harshly as the sound echoed in the silence of their house. The noise only worsened Corbyn's anxiety, not stopping until he had reached the top of the stairs.

He stopped for a second to settle down, breathing in harshly as he struggled for air. He wasn't sure what took his breath away, the running or the fear. His hands shook at his sides slightly, limbs trembling as he stayed frozen at the top of the stairs.

"Corbs?"

Corbyn glanced up, swallowing harshly to hide his ragged breathing as he met the confused eyes of Daniel.

"Uh, hi." Corbyn mumbled, breathing in slowly to calm himself down. His heart was racing, pounding incessantly against his chest.

"Are you okay?" Daniel asked worriedly, having heard Corbyn running up the stairs.

At the question, Corbyn felt his body tense as he remembered where he as standing. He took a few steps closer to him and away from the top of the stairs. He didn't like how his back was turned towards the stairs, not able to keep his eyes downwards and into the dark.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm good. Just-uh-forgot my charger." Corbyn held up the aforementioned in his hand, grinning slightly. He felt shaky, lips fighting to release the grin Corbyn held in place as they trembled.

"Are you sure? I thought I heard you running."

Corbyn's grin fell slightly as blood rushed to his face. He felt embarrassed, not wanting to admit the truth. He knew it was kind of childish to still be afraid of the dark, especially at twenty-one. Most outgrew that fear in elementary school, if they'd suffered from it at all.

"It's just..." Corbyn hesitated. "It was dark." He mumbled quietly.

Daniel's gaze softened as he watched the boy, cheeks pink in embarrassment and stance still tense in nerves.

"Wanna stay with me tonight?" Daniel invited, watching Corbyn's head perk up.

"You don't mind?" He asked. His eyes were wide in longing, desperately not wanting to be alone right now.

Corbyn knew if he was, he'd have to suffer in the dead silence of his own room, pushing his paranoid thoughts to the back of his head as he lay awake.

"I never do." Daniel smiled, opening his door wider. "Come on, we can watch a movie and cuddle."

Corbyn eagerly took him up on that offer, making his way over to Daniel. He stopped himself in front Daniel before entering, placing a hesitant kiss on his cheek.

"Thanks, Dani."

Daniel's cheeks burned as Corbyn turned and entered Daniel's room, quickly following the blonde who was settling down into Daniel's blankets.

Daniel let Corbyn switch his LED's on without question, handing him the remote as soon as he'd closed his door behind him.

Corbyn smiled gratefully, settling on a soft pink that illuminated throughout the room. The soft glow of the lights and Daniel's presence helped him calm down further, getting comfortable as Daniel climbed into bed with him.

Without thinking, Corbyn moved further into Daniel's side once he was settled. Daniel wrapped his arm around Corbyn's shoulders, kissing the top of his head as the two boys settled into the new position.

Turning on a Disney movie, Daniel played with Corbyn's hair as Tangled started. Corbyn sighed out in content, Daniel feeling his body fully relax against him.

The brightness of the tv and the lights made Corbyn feel safe. He snuggled further into Daniel's side, wrapping an arm around his abdomen.

He mumbled something into Daniel's shirt, feeling the boy hum in question.

"You make me feel safe." Corbyn said a little louder. His voice was still quiet against the silence of the room, save for the soft voices filtering in from the tv.

Corbyn looked up at Daniel when he didn't hear a response, catching the boys gaze.

"You make me feel a lot of things, Corbs."

kinda short, kinda sucks goodbye-

but I hope you liked it :')

been wanting to do this for awhile since I'm scared of the dark soo