SICK - zach

REQUESTED BY:
ExpressYourselfLife

I realized I never do sick ones lmao isn't that the point of sickfics 🥴

Zach groaned as he moved around in bed, trying to get comfortable. He tiredly tried to kick the blankets away from his body. He felt hot, his hair sticking to his forehead and the arm around him making him feel claustrophobic.

Zach opened his eyes slowly, vision blurry as he tried to focus in on the time glaring at him from the clock. 4:30 shown back at him, making Zach groan again. His head hurt and he felt too warm in the arms of his boyfriend, struggling to move away from him in his sleepy state.

Zach heard mumbles coming from the person next to him, grip tightening as Zach tried to move away.

"Babe? What are you doing?" Corbyn's voice was quiet and sleep ridden. All of Zach's moving around woke him up, leaving him confused as to what was happening. "What's wrong?"

Zach stopped his movements, turning around in Corbyn's hold to face him. "I just have to use the bathroom. Sorry for waking you up." Zach whispered, watching as Corbyn's eyes fluttered open for a second before closing again. He hummed, slowly releasing his hold on Zach.

"M'kay. Love you."

Zach chuckled as Corbyn passed out again, throat tickling uncomfortably with the action. Slowly, Zach dragged himself up and made his way to the bathroom.

He gripped the counter as a wave of dizziness swept over him, Zach closing his eyes as he steadied himself. Feeling he could actually move, Zach made his way to use the bathroom. His movements felt sluggish, body tired as it dragged him throughout the bathroom as he used it and washed his hands.

He quietly climbed back into bed, laying on top of the blankets instead of under them. Zach threw his right arm across Corbyn's torso, making himself comfortable before falling asleep again.

When he woke up only two hours later, he sat up with a groan at the prominent ache in his throat. Tears pricked the corners of his eyes as he swallowed, the feeling like he was trying to swallow around a rock in his throat.

Not wanting to wake Corbyn, Zach quietly and carefully slipped out of bed, picking up a blanket at the end of their bed and walking downstairs. All the boys were still asleep, the house silent as he went to the kitchen and grabbed a water. He made his way to the couch, snuggling into the blanket he'd taken with him, silently hoping someone would wake up soon, but not wanting to bother them.

Zach swallowed as a few tears rolled down his cheeks, head pounding as he laid down on the couch. He shut his eyes as his head throbbed, willing sleep to come so he wouldn't have to face the pain he felt everywhere.

Only a half hour later, Corbyn woke up cold and confused to an empty bed. He glanced around as he blinked rapidly to rid his eyes of sleep, sitting up to check where Zach went.

He wandered downstairs when he didn't find him in the bathroom, sniffles filling the otherwise silent house the closer he got. Walking into the living room, his heart ached at the sight of his boyfriend.  Zach was wearing one of Corbyn's hoodies that was much too big for him. There was a blanket wrapped tightly around his body, shivers spreading through him as he was still failing to sleep.