CONCUSSION - daniel

REQUESTED BY: @whydontwenhcandchill

SO SORRY THIS TOOK ME LITERALLY MONTHS OMG

Daniel had always been the 'clumsy' one of the group. Tripping over air and falling over on a regular basis was nothing new to any of them.

It had almost become an expected thing. It was weird if he hadn't fallen on his face at least twice by nine o'clock in the morning.

Walking down the stairs one morning, Daniel didn't see the shoes left on the bottom of the staircase, tripping over them and finding himself coming face to face with the ground.

Daniel's vision went dark for a few seconds as he remained on the ground, his eyes open but blurred by the stars dancing in front of him. He groaned as he rolled to the side, closing his eyes as his head took most of the impact.

Jonah walked over from the kitchen, having heard him fall. He sighed, standing over Daniel as he opened his eyes. Jonah simply shook his head, sipping his coffee as he walked back to the kitchen.

"Thanks for the help." Daniel muttered, pulling himself up from the ground. He stumbled, nearly falling again when someone grabbed his arm, keeping him steady.

Daniel looked up and was instantly lost in the waves of his ocean eyes, dragging him under and taking his breath away.

"Did you trip again?" Corbyn asked him, concerned as he stared back at Daniel.

Daniel was too busy admiring him to answer, worrying Corbyn further.

"Dani?" Daniel snapped out of it, confused as he stared at Corbyn.

"Huh?" Daniel asked him, not having had payed attention to what he was saying.

"Are you okay?" Corbyn asked again, holding onto his hands as the two remained standing close. Daniel grinned, pecking his lips quickly before stepping away.

"Yep. Perfectly fine."

It wasn't long before they were all up, eating and talking and relaxing before their chaotic day ahead of them. Two interviews—plus a small performance after one—soundcheck, their show, and then a meet and greet. For once, Daniel wasn't in the mood for anything.

His head was spinning and his stomach churned, barely eating before pushing his bowl of cereal away from him. Corbyn looked over at him worriedly, placing a hand on his knee in comfort and squeezing it.

Daniel looked up at him through his half lidded eyes and smiled, placing his head down on the island. The lights were too bright, the boys were too loud, and the smell of food and coffee in the air just added to his feeling of nausea.

These factors just seemed to pile onto the way his head had been feeling. The pressure and tightening in his head made him dizzy, wrapping around from the back of his head to the front. His eyes ached as he tried to keep them open, the pain making him want to sleep it away.

Daniel could already tell that today was going to be hard.

"Why don't you go get ready?" Daniel looked up at Corbyn in confusion.

"Ready?"

Corbyn nodded, "Yeah, that way you can rest a little before we leave. You look tired. Did you sleep okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm good I slept fine. I'll be upstairs." Standing up to get go ready, he stumbled again. Daniel was disoriented, but shook it of as dizziness from when he'd fallen. It wouldn't be the first time. He managed to catch himself on a chair before he fell again, the boys all looking at him.