Chapter 9

I started the Vespa after I put on my helmet. I looked at Thomas, whose motorcycle is beside mine and smiled at him, "See you later, Tommy." I greeted. He returned the smile and put on his helmet, "Yeah, bye Y/N/N. Oh, and will you watch us play football(soccer) next Saturday?" I chuckled and said, "anything for a best friend." Yes, I gained my trust on this guy, and only him. But I haven't told him about my scars on my skin.

He never saw it, I didn't let him see it. I didn't want to look like a burden. I know it sounds cliché, but I just don't want him to know.
I then started to drive off, the wind making my hair fly all around, heading back to the University.

****

~Saturday~

I was peacefully enjoying a dreamless sleep that I'm having on my bed. Enjoying the weekend off from school. I snuggle myself up more in my blankets, I didn't even realized that I'm already on the edge of the bed, until..

*BEEP BEEP BEEP..*

I fell from my bed with a loud thud. This is where I realized that I forgot to turn off my alarm last night. I get up as I groaned from the fall. "Y/N, it's freaking 5 in the morning, let me have some sleep!" Stella scowled. I rolled my eyes and stand up. I sit on my bed, still feeling groggy, but from that fall, I wouldn't go back to sleep from being uncomfortable.

I sighed and and get up. I grabbed my towel and head to the bathroom and take a shower to wash away the feeling of my groggy self. 

Once I got out of the shower, I picked up my Maroon long sleeve just to cover the permanent scars, along with my black pants and maroon high-cut converse.

I put it on and started the day with me going to eat breakfast

I put it on and started the day with me going to eat breakfast. I get my bag with my phone, earphones and keys in it, along with my (your favorite book) to make myself zone out and into my little worlds as I eat.

~time skip to the afternoon~

"Have you written any songs for the battle of the bands?" Dylan asked while all five of us are eating frozen yogurt. "No, but I'm gonna write some.. maybe next week." I answered while taking a spoonful of yogurt into my mouth.
"Well you better hurry, the contest is in the next 3 weeks." He stated. "Well just let me have time to think of an inspiration." I said. I finished my froyo and threw the cup in the trash.

"Do you need help?" Thomas asked. I furrowed my brows at him. "Help me on what?" I asked. "Help you write a song." He answered. My mouth formed and 'Oh' understandably. "I don't need any help, but if you want to help, then I don't mind." I shrugged.

~time skip~

Stella, Kaya, and Dylan head off somewhere else. Thomas and I are here, in my dorm, writing a song. I know I said that I'm gonna write it next week, but the words are already forming in my head, and I couldn't let it slip away.

"Okay so what about this: Here comes the sun, do do do do.
Here comes the sun and I said, It's alright." Thomas started to play a riff. I smiled and move my head around as I follow the rhythm. "It's actually good!"

We both chuckled and laughed until we can't breathed while writing the song. The laughs died down and we looked into each other's eyes. Before I know it, my body has the mind of it's own, and started to lean in. Soon enough, he starts to lean in too.

Our lips are inches apart, the feeling of his hot breath colliding with mine. But then it made me realize that this is just plain stupid. I just met the guy a few days ago, now I feel the urge to touch his lips with mine?

"R-Right, uhh its late, w-we'll finish this tomorrow, I'm getting tired." I turn my head and organize the papers that was all around. I didn't mean to hurt him, but it looked like I just did. "O-okay, I have some stuff to do anyways.. I-I guess I'll just go." He replied as he stand up and head to the door. I opened the door for him, "S-See you on Monday." I greeted whilst smiling awkwardly. Of course, he returned it.

He gave me a hug and I hugged back. I inhaled his scent of peppermint as I closed my eyes from the warm feeling. I felt a kiss on my hair in a friendly way.
The hug is beginning to get long and tighter. I patted his back awkwardly and said, "uhh Thomas? I c-can't breathe." He pulled back and gave me a chuckle. "M-kay, bye." He exited the room and I waved at him. Once he was far enough, I closed the door and leaned my back on it. I covered my face with my hands to stop the feeling of heat going up on my cheeks then run both of my hands through my Y/H/C hair.

Stop it, Y/N, don't let it win. Don't let affection take over.

I sighed and plopped myself on my bed. My eyes are beginning to get heavy so I decided sleep all the way through dinner, not caring if I still haven't changed into my sleeping clothes.