Touched

“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”

Paulo Coelho

Taehyung has always loved this quote. But never before in his life had he wanted it to be more true.

There he was, in a foreign city in a foreign land, looking for the love of his life in lunatic hysteria; praying to any god that will listen for his safety.

“Help me, please help me find him” he pleads to stars that are blinking above his head. To the moon that is shining.  

“Please let me find him” he prays to the trees, and to the flowers whose smell fill his nose.

He stops panicking to think straight. Jin needs him to think straight. He needs to find a clue as to where Jin can be.

His mind supplies image of the Tijuca National Park, where Blu from Rio had tried his first flight. It was the movie Rio that prompted Jin's love of Brazil, so maybe he is there? He hopes Jin is there.

And if it was a signal from the stars above, Tae finds Jin, standing on top of one of the hills, figure props against the fence, looking at the city lights of Rio below him.

His frame looks so small and fragile against the  Rio cityscape, that Taehyung wants to protect him forever.

He gets close to Jin as silently as possible. Hooks his hands around Jin’s waist in an attempt to secure him, still afraid he might do something.

Jin jumps a little at Tae’ s touch, but doesn't say anything. Tae can see more tears rolling down those soft cheeks, Tae knows that Jin knows it him.

He hugs Jin from behind and hooks his chin on his shoulder.

“Hyung”  he starts softy.

“What do you think I am doing here, halfway around the world, chasing you?” he whispers in Jin's ears, feels him shiver.

“Why do think I am always sleeping at your bed when I have a perfectly good bed at the dorm? Why do you think I eat the kimchi stew you cook when I can't eat spicy food? Why do think I watch reply 1994 when I hate romance? Why do I do all those things, huh?” he says as he slowly nuzzles Jin’s hair with his nose.       

“I love you Hyung, I have loved you for so long. I love you so much that he hurts. It hurts all over my body when I can't see you, it aches when you touch me. When you hug me, I never want to let go, because you feel like home hyung” he says quietly, all his words are true.

“I know I am not much, I know I am terribly inadequate. Young and naive. But no one can love you more, that much I surely know. So please, hyung, please, give me a chance.” Taehyung finishes his confession. Tears roll down his cheeks.   

Jin turns around and wipes Tae’s tears, his own eyes still glistening; but a smile plays in his lips.

“No Taehyung, you are enough, you are more than enough for me. I can't believe someone so pure and beautiful loves me. and I promise I will love you forever, I will love so much that no one will be able to love you more.” Jin says.  

Tae smiles and leans to press their lips together, and they kiss.

They kiss slow and deep, full of love and passion. They kiss like they have all time in the world.

Under the moonlit sky and away from the city lights of Rio, two hearts came together to beat as one.

And all is well in the universe.