Ch 13 - Murder & Mayhem

A/N: Remember last week when I thought I might be getting sick but then didn't and celebrated by posting a bunch? Well.......apparently karma is a bitch and she decided to fuck me over with a nasty head cold this weekend. This chapter only exists right now because of my spiteful vengeance against her. So please, take a few moments to enjoy my sweet, sweet revenge.

CHAPTER SONG INSPIRATION: The song is a bit more melodramatic and sad than intended for this chapter  but it does play a part. I take from it Kongpob's feelings of wanting to be close to Arthit but feeling a huge distance between them which at times is very disheartening for him but he still keeps trying to cross that "ocean" between them.

**********************************************

{Kongpob POV}

It's now Saturday morning and Kongpob is feeling pretty happy with the way things went at school with Arthit this week. Yes, he had planned several of their "random" encounters, as an attempt to connect with the man as his true self instead of hiding behind a screen name. However, not knowing the senior's schedule was the tricky part so there were times that he used their online connection to scope out information. He's not proud of it but desperate times call for desperate measures and all that.

Despite all the teasing and flirting he does online, Kongpob honestly wasn't sure if he would have the guts to speak that way to Arthit face-to-face. Yet, when the moment of truth came, the words flowed easily from his mouth like he'd been saying suggestive comments to the senior all along. Which, technically he has, but never in-person where he risks a punch to the face from the ill-tempered man.

The moment in the library would have been worth a few punches.

Being that close to the object of his affection while staring into his eyes was exhilarating and it took everything he had in him to not to say or do anything that might push Arthit into running. There was a second that he almost caved, his inner voice screaming to place his lips on the others', but he managed to hold back when he saw the uncertainty reflecting back in Arthit's eyes. He regretted having to leave so quickly without a word but he needed to escape the temptation that came in the form of plump pink lips or he'd do something rash.

The idea of grabbing his P'Arthit and kissing him senseless definitely has its appeal but overall wouldn't help him in the long run. Its clear that the senior doesn't realize what Kongpob's intentions are and that he needs to tread slowly and carefully to not scare him off. As far as he knows, Arthit only likes women and while he may be okay with CP's constant teasing, it doesn't mean that he likes the attention instead of just tolerating it.

However, the fact that Kongpob survived this week relatively unscathed leaves him with a small sliver of hope. He's just trying very hard at the moment not to think of the quote thats been floating in his head for days about hope being the worst because it just extends the pain for person.

It's as he's debating if a quick run will help clear his thoughts when he hears his phone alert him to a new text message.

Lovable Idiot (10:10am): Sooooo, how's the plan coming along?

Best Friend (10:11am): My handsome face is still intact so.... 😎

Lovable Idiot (10:11am): smh 😞

Lovable Idiot: (10:11am) that's ur priority?!

Best Friend (10:12am) Well, pretty sure P'Minnie will kill me if its messed up right before the contest 😋