||4.||

•||Ch4: Blasting News||•

||Mirha POV||

I woke up with a scream when clouds thundered loudly. The small dim light of my room, which I never turned off at lights, was turned on and off.

The light of thunderstorm was coming in my room whenever the clouds thundered. I was shaking badly and covering my ears. I hated this storm. Many of the memories I had with this storm.

"Mom! Dad!" I shouted and called them. I cried and sobbed loudly. I was panting heavily and tried to gasp for breath. The door of my room opened with a loud thud. I looked up through my wet eyelashes.

Dad quickly ran to me and hugged. I hugged him back and cried on his shoulder. "I am here. Don't cry." "Dad! I can't breath." He pulled away and grabbed my face in between his hands.

"Look at me, Mirha!" Dad made me look up at him. He wiped my tears and I saw mom was in tears, standing behind dad.

"Your brother is coming tomorrow from his honeymoon. You know what he said to me? He is bringing a gift for you. Don't tell him I told you that he is bringing something." Dad started and was trying to distract me.

"Remember Aziya last time when I told Mirha about Zain surprise which he was bringing for Mirha. He didn't talk to me for one week. If this time he knows that I told Mirha, I don't know for how long he will gonna give me his silent treatment," Dad said with a laugh.

My breathing was starting to get back and normal. Mom sat on my left side while dad was on right side. They both hugged me. Mom gave me water to drink.

I gladly accepted water and gulped it down. I tried my best to block the thunder sound. I jumped on my seat when the clouds again thundered. It was raining heavily outside.

Mom put my head on her lap and sang lullaby for me. I closed my eyes and listened lullaby, trying to ignore the background sounds.

•••

I opened my eyes and blinked few times. I looked my left side and saw mom was sleeping beside me and hugging me. On my right side dad was sleeping.

I closed my eyes tightly when I remembered what happened last night. It repeated again. "Don't think about it," I heard mom voice. I opened my eyes and saw mom was looking at me with a sad smile.

"I am tired of it. I can't enjoy this rain because of that thunderstorm. I can't sleep during rains because of thunderstorm. How pathetic I feel everytime," I whispered and blinked back the tears.

"You are not weak. Don't ever feel pathetic. It is not your fault because you are afraid of thunderstorm," Dad said in strict but soft voice.

"I can't help, dad." Dad stood up and looked at me. "Leave this topic. I don't want you or anyone to talk and think about it," Dad said giving me his hand to stand up.