||14.||

•||Ch14: Meeting with many afflictions||•

||Mirha POV||

I was trying to look natural but the sadness and the dullness in my eyes were not helping me. I picked my bag from the bed and walked to the door.

I put my hand on the knob of the door but stopped. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

I have to be strong and face him.

I opened my eyes and exhaled slowly. I opened the door and walked out of the room. I sighed in relief when I didn't hear any noise which was not something new for me but I was happy he left.

The whole night I spent thinking over the phone call that I got. I was curious about that woman who wanted to meet me.

I stopped when I saw a plate of pancakes on the table near the door. My stomach growled loudly by the sight of this. I picked it and ate them while walking out of the house with the plate in my hand.

I saw Danial and groaned silently. I looked at him with a tight smile when he looked at me.

“Where do you want to go?” He asked.

“X2,” I said getting in the car with pancakes in my hands.

He also climbed in the car and started the car. I enjoyed my pancakes and plugged earphones.

“Ma'am?” I heard Danial calling my name.

I looked at him and removed one earphone.

“Which branch?” He asked.

I told him which branch. I was getting bored so I thought of some fun.

“Danial?” I called him, softly.

“Yes, ma'am!”

“Have you ever seen a monkey?” I asked him with an innocent smile.

He looked at me through rear mirror. He seemed a little shock but quickly hid it and looked at me like one of us was stupid here.

“Yes, ma'am!” He said, slowly and looked back at the road.

“You know then how beautiful monkey is?” I asked biting my nails.

“Yes, ma'am!”

“You also know that his smile is more beautiful?”

“Huh?” He asked like he was not believing I called monkey's smile beautiful.

“What happened?” I asked, more innocently.

I was trying my best to hide my laugh. I wanted to laugh at him poor face.

“Nothing, ma'am. Yes, monkey do have beautiful smile,” He said emphasizing on beautiful.

“Then you agree with me that monkey have more beautiful smile then you. No?” I asked relaxing on the seat and bit my lips.