PART 1.

LAUREN POV:
I'm watching TV, the subtitles running along the bottom of the screen, the Avengers are sitting on chairs, a woman sitting behind a desk beside them asking questions "What our viewers really want to know is your soulmates. Have the Avengers found their soulmates? Any pairs, any trios amongst you?" The Avengers all look at each other, Tony Stark speaks up "Captain America, happens to be my Captain."

Aww!

The Falcon speaks next "Bucky and I are waiting for our third." The interviewer speaks "A trio, how exciting! Did you know 35% of the population are part of a trio? And only 5% have three soulmates plus themselves? Finding soulmates is tough, so to you romantics out there who want to find your soulmate... you'd better get looking, because it's a big planet." The TV cuts to an advert, I turn it off and lean back on the couch, I bellow "ROBYN!" A minute or so later a pair of bare feet enter my view, then a body hits the ground, she manages to put her hands out before her head hits the floor, I laugh. My little sister frowns and carefully sits up, while trying to keep her body covered with the towel wrapped around her, her hair is dripping onto the towel and floor, she signs to me "Everything okay?" I sign back "Do you want to go on a holiday?" She throws her arms in the air "I was in the shower! Couldn't this have waited?" "I would've forgotten it by then."

Pay back for you waking me up early yesterday morning because you thought you could smell burning when you burnt the fucking toast!

"Where were you thinking?" "New York, the city of love." I wiggle my eyebrows and she rolls her eyes "Not everywhere is the city of love!" "It will be if we find our soulmates there." "Our soulmates could be anywhere on the entire planet, we won't find them. Besides, I don't need a soulmate." "I've got a feeling." "Are you sure you didn't just eat too many sweets?" "I've got another feeling." "Fine! New York it is, but you're organising it and we're not going to any parties" "Love you." She sticks out her tongue and carefully walks out of the room, water trailing after her.

The way soulmarks work is that when you hit 15 years old you get however many soulmates you're going to get, represented on your skin by an animal. If you don't get one until later in life or if you get another one later in life then it means your soulmates are younger than you. It's rare for anyone to have a soulmate more than 15 years older or younger than themselves. My sister and I both got ours at 15, so ours are older than us.