PART 21.

LAUREN POV:
During dinner I notice Natasha and Robyn keep looking at each other, I end up trying to eat with a smile plastered on my face. But the longer I think about how happy I am for my sister, the sadder I get about not having my own soulmates, but I don't show that I'm sad. Once I've finished eating I go into deep thought...

What do my soulmates look like? Are they males, females, one of each? I have two, but will they both want me? Will they want to share? How am I supposed to find them? My feelings and Robyn's luck lead us to hers, so do we have to wait for more feelings to find mine?

Then a sudden thought hits me.

Natasha lives in New York, we live in Los Angeles, are we going to have to keep coming here on holiday to see the group from time to time? Will she be capable of sustaining a distant relationship? Or maybe... maybe we could move here, I wouldn't mind moving to New York, I could still do my job and I can find us an apartment so we aren't in the Avengers way. I'm sure Robyn could find a suitable job somewhere in New York.

I feel someone shaking me, I slap their arm away, I look to see an amused looking Clint. I speed sign to my sister who's looking over, slightly concerned "Want to move here?" Her eyes widen, she looks to Natasha, who looks curious having probably missed my signing. Robyn looks back at me "Seriously?" "Why not? It fits my criteria, you can keep searching for a job." "Do you actually want to?" "You can't lose this, you don't exactly get another chance."

Please understand what I'm talking about, it'll make this a whole lot simpler.

"I know. But it's a distance." "We can do this. We can find an apartment and a job for you." She stares at me as she thinks about it. I quickly glance at Natasha to see if she's been paying attention, she looks curious still and signs "Is everything okay?" I nod and look back to my sister "Remember what Dad used to say?" She blinks "Never let happiness go." "Exactly." "We'll look into it." I lean back on my chair and smile triumphantly, she smiles nervously and finishes off her drink. I look to Clint who has a look on his face which tells me he was paying as much attention as possible from only seeing one set of hands, the rest of the Avengers just look confused. As soon as everyone has finished eating I stand and sign to anyone who's paying attention "We should head back to the hotel." Clint replies "I'll walk you."

After saying goodbye to the confused Avengers, without any explanation, Clint walks us towards the hotel. He walks a few feet ahead, walking backwards as he signs "You moving?" "You're smart, Clint." "What can I say, I'm good at reading fast sign language. So, you going further away or closer to here?" My sister and I look to each other, she replies "We're considering moving here." He grins "That would be great, amazing, yes!" We all laugh, he looks to me "Did you get the idea with her and Tasha?" "She needs to find a new job anyway and I can work from anywhere. I'm not fussed where we live and I'm not standing in the way of my sister's happiness." "You're a good sister." "I have to be, the rest of our siblings are younger and boys." "Younger than both of you? Wait, how old are you both?" "I'm 32, Robyn's 24. We've got only 1 brother between us, the others are younger. Mom was only 17 when she had me." He nods and almost trips over a bit of uneven ground. He turns to face where we're going and falls in step beside me.

He gets us safely to the hotel, we're talking at the time so he walks in with us. Robyn says goodbye and heads straight into our shared bedroom, I sit on the back of the couch "You really are a good sister, you deserve some kind of reward." "Her smile is my reward, I used to have to make her smile, Natasha does that now." I smile fondly, but it also makes me a tiny bit sad, I again hide it "Do you have any siblings?" "An older brother. But the Avengers are more family than he is, haven't seen him in a long time." "If we do end up moving here, you'd better hang out with me." "Course, who else am I supposed to hang out with, your sister's stealing my best friend." We both laugh "She's fair, she will give you time together." "This will be good for Tasha, she gave up at one point." "Robyn never believed. The one thing, well, the main thing that annoys me about my sister-" Clint laughs, understanding "-is that she thinks she's unlucky, but she's not, she's lucky. Yes, bad things happen to her, but, they always end well." "They'll help each other. I'm going to head back, text me and we'll meet up again. That gives me an idea actually, it's Tasha's birthday in a few days time, I'm organising something for us to do as a team, you two should come." "Count us in, just text me about it." "Will do."