PART 22.

CLINT POV:
It's been a few days, I haven't told the others that our new friends are thinking of moving here, I'll let them tell everyone themselves when they are ready. I did give Lauren Tasha's phone number to pass over and let Tasha know to expect a text from her girlfriend. I've also finished organising the birthday treat for Tasha, we're going paintballing. She demanded that I invite our new friends and I assured her they'd be coming.

It's the day of paintballing, we have to drive out of the city to get to our location, we're currently sorting out transport. Steve and Bucky each have a motorbike and Tony has plenty of cars, but he doesn't want anyone driving them, which means he can seat 5. So we have 7 out of the 10 of us seated, I text Lauren 'How are you two getting to the location?' 'Driving.' 'Mind if someone joins you? Tony won't let anyone drive his cars.' 'Sure, we'll drive to the tower and pick whoever up, be there in 5 minutes.' 'Okay.'

I let the others know, we all get our shoes and coats on, we head downstairs. We step out of the tower as a red Mercedes pulls up, the passenger seat window opens to reveal Lauren, she waves, Tony leans on the car to peer in "Nice ride." Robyn replies from the driver seat "Th-Thanks." “Who's riding with you?" Robyn shrugs so Thor decides to get in the back. Not wanting to ask them to seat another person too, Sam, Tasha and myself sit shoulder to shoulder in the back of Tony's car, Bruce gets to sit up front.

This is great, we finally get to go out and do something as a team, without having to fight for our lives.

When we arrive, we park the cars, but before we go in Lauren rushes over and taps Tasha on the shoulder, I read what she signs "Happy Birthday. Since I don't know you very well, I wasn't sure what to get you, so I hoped for the best with this." She hands her a little bag, Tasha opens it and pulls out a red lipstick, she thanks Lauren and slips it into her pocket. Then Robyn walks over, her hands clutched around a small black box with a red ribbon around it, she doesn't look up at Tasha as she hands it over. As soon as Tasha takes the box Robyn starts wringing her hands, Tasha and I share a glance.

Tasha really needs to help Robyn with her nerves, she's the perfect person to do so.

Tasha pulls on the ribbon and opens the box, inside is some red tissue paper, she pulls out a silver chain. Dangling from her fingers is a small silver disc, I look over her shoulder to get a better look. On the disc there are charms of a black spider, a flame, a set of red lips and a few red jewels "Thank you, this is beautiful." She pulls her soulmate into a hug. I notice Lauren signing in our direction "Turn it over." When they stop hugging I speak "Lauren said to turn it over." Robyn turns pink.

What's on the back? Something embarrassing maybe?

Tasha turns the disc over in her hands, on the other side there are charms of a deer head, a green leaf, a yellow and black striped heart with a few little green jewels. Tasha chuckles "I love it." She puts the chain around her neck, the green side, representing Robyn, on show "No way you bought this." Robyn shakes her head "I-I made it." "Then I love it even more." We put our coats in the cars and head into the building, we then lock our phones and stuff in a shared locker.