PART 23.

LAUREN POV:
We decide on teams, the first team is Natasha, Robyn, Clint, Bruce and myself. We get into appropriate outfits and each wrap a piece of red fabric around us somewhere, Natasha and Clint wrap them around their heads, Bruce and Robyn put theirs around the wrists and I put mine loosely around my neck. The other team is made up of Steve, Tony, Bucky, Sam and Thor. They get in appropriate outfits and have blue fabric, Bucky and Tony wrap theirs around their heads, the others wrap them around their wrists. We all march out of the changing rooms and over to the weapons, Clint helps me pick one. Once we've each got a weapon and paintballs of our team colour we head into a dark room and find somewhere to hide.

The game is so much fun, I can't hear what my team members are saying to each other and it's too dark to read their lips from more than a few metres away, so I focus on shooting at anything I see move. I end up getting shot 3 times, which means I'm out, but it doesn't dampen my mood. We had decided to play it like a real battle, leaving no one behind. So when I saw a light on the front of my vest saying I was out, I dropped to the ground exactly where I was and lay motionlessly waiting to be rescued. It didn't take very long for a pair of hands to grab under my arms and drag me out of the line of fire. I was propped up against a wall, I watched the concentration on Clint's face as he shot at the enemy.

This is the best game ever! I definitely want to come back here again!

At one point I found myself being fireman-carried and I couldn't help but laugh, probably revealing our position, but I just couldn't help myself. When the lights come back on and the game is over, everyone lowers their weapons and the dead rise from their positions to peek over walls and bushes to see who's still alive. We all get out of the room and a man walks around us checking for paint marks. On the whiteboard behind him is a table, the headings saying 'Red Hits' 'Blue Hits' 'Red Friendly Fire' 'Blue Friendly Fire' The red team wins by one point and that's only because we had one friendly fire shot, but the blue team had two.

Yay! I wonder if any of the hits were actually mine.

We all get changed back into our normal clothes and go to the cafe in the same building to get some lunch.