chapter 5

Zaria coughed while pushing away the unconscious boy on top of her and slowly sat up. For some reason, she felt really weak like the boy just sucked out all her energy and left her like an empty shell. She could hear Akito screaming her name from above while she heard other people whisper to each other around her.

" Yuu!." A purple haired girl ran over to the boy beside Zaria and gently shook his shoulder. " Yuu, are you alright?."

Zaria watched her while slowly pushing herself up on her feet, but had a hard time to keep her balance for some reason. She looked down at herself and gasped in surprise, her whole body looked like she was made of only skin and bones.

Her bones were visible through her hanging skin, and her clothes that fit her perfectly a few seconds ago was now so big that they could easily fall of her if she moved. Zaria didn't know what to say while Akito flew down to her with Mika sitting on her broom.

" Are you alright, Zaria?." Asked Akito and looked at her with worried eyes.

" Do I look okay?." Was the only thing she said while ran her hands over her face to feel her skin had sunken into her skull

Akito shook his head. " You don't look well you look like a skeleton with human skin."

Zaria opened her mouth to say something but then heard a loud sound coming closer and closer.

Zaria sigh and jumped up on her broom and flew up in the air.

"Let's get out of here before we get more involved."

" Wait what about Yuu?."

Zaria looked at Mika who looked down with worried eyes.

" Don't worry he is perfectly fine."

She felt Akito jumped up on her shoulder and rubbed his head under her chin.

" Why did you let that creature that lives inside that boy kiss you like that?."

" I was surprised myself, but let's talk more about that later. Right now I want to get far away as possible." She glanced at Mika." And get him back to his group."

Mika frowned at her while staring at the direction they left a second ago. After flying in a sky for a few minutes, Zaria slowly moved down to the ground and landed in front of an abandoned supermarket.

" I think we are safe here." Said Zaria and looked around, while Mika and Akito jumped down from the broom. " Do you think you will find your group from here, Mika?."

Mika Looked around with narrow eyes and gave a small nod.

"I think so."

Zaria saw him scratching on a big purple scratch mark on his cheek, and glared at Akito, who pretended to see something Interesting on the ground. Zaria shook her head and walked over to Mika. " Let me heal that scratch for you." She moved her hand to his cheek and gently touched the mark. And slowly the mark disappeared by her touch and it didn't take long till it was completely gone.

Mika looked away, while she saw his cheek becoming a little redder.

" Thanks."

Zaria smiled. " You welcome."

"Bravo, Bravo!." Said somebody while clapping their hands.

Zaria, Mika, and Akito looked up in surprise and saw the silver-haired vampire walking over to them with all the vampires behind him. But what surprised Zaria was that Mika moved in front of her, like he was trying to hide her from the eyes of the vampires.

" Get out of here, now." Growled Mika at her while he had his eyes on the silver vampire.

"But.."

"Go now!."

Zaria stared at him before jumping up on the broom with Akito and flew up in the air again.

"Not so fast."

Zaria glanced behind her and saw the silver-haired vampire running on the wall of one of the buildings and jumped at her with one hand reaching out at her. " I want to have a chat with you, missy."

Zaria narrows her eyes at him, before flying at a much faster speed. And stopped beside a high tower far away from Mika and the vampires.

"Do you think, Mika will be okay?." Asked Zaria with a worried tone while looking at the direction they left Mika. " I hope we didn't get him in trouble."

Mika watched the girl and the cat fly away before Ferid appeared in front of his face and had a very dark smirk.

" What was that for, Mika?. I just wanted to talk to your little friend."

Mika frowned and tried to hold a poker face. " She is not my friend she is just a stranger who helped me."

" Oh really. If she is just a stranger to you, then why are your cheeks so red?."

Mika's eyes widen touched his cheek to feel they were slightly warm. Which shouldn't be possible, he hasn't been this warms since he becomes a half-vampire. So why was he so warm now?.

He could hear Ferid chuckled before humming a song while walking away.

" Looks like Mika is in love."