chapter 6

"Let's think about it later, right now we need to get away from here. Or at least find somewhere safe to rest." Said Akito angrily and Zaria could only nod a yes before flying over the city. Right now they needed to find a safe place for them to rest, or at least her, till her body was back to normal.

She glanced down at her arm to see her loose skin was flapping wildly and almost hit Akito who sat at the end of the broom with his eyes glued on her skin.

After a while, before the sky was turning to night, she landed on the roof of a high building that looked more stable than the other building around it.

"Let's rest here." Said Zaria and walked into the building through the roof. " I think we will be safe here."

"I hope so." Said Akito before walking after her. " What do you think we should do now?."

Zaria didn't say anything while looking through the rooms she walked past, many of the room was filled with destroyed furniture, windows and some even had dead animals on the floor. But after a while she found a good enough room to stay in, with no holes on the walls or the window. And at the far end of the room was a pile of furniture that looked alright to use.

" I don't know," said Zaria with a weak voice before walking over to the pile of furniture and pulled out a dusty couch and pushed it to the window.

"Let's talk it through and think of a plan." She sat down on the couch, and the moment she sat down in the old pillows, dust clouds appeared around her.

" Do you think that creature that was inside the boy was the reason you cant opened the portal home?." Akito jumped up on the armrest and scratched his ear.

" It could be possible," said Zaria and crossed her arms." Mika said that that boy Yuu was possessed by the seraph of the end because of the humans used him as an experiment, right?."

Akito nodded a yes while staring at her.

"Than could it be possible that there are more kids who are possessed by the seraph of the end?."

"So you think there are more like that?."

Zaria nodded." It's possible, I know I heard seraph of the end before. But I still don't know for sure where, but have you ever heard the story that happened 10000 years ago?."

Akito looked away in deep thought.

" The one about a prince who tried to use forbidden magic, and made a whole race disappeared?."

" Yes, that one. Do you remember what that race was called?."

Akito looked at the window in deep thought.

" Wasn't they called Etost?. "

" Yes, I think so too, and I think we just met one."

" Wait, wait.' Akito rubbed his eyes and Zaria could see he was thinking really hard.

" You think the missing Etost are the..."

"Seraph of the end." Finished Zaria and nodded." Yes, I think so."

" And why do you think that?. You have never met one and me either. They disappeared before even you, and I was even born. So how can you be so sure that the seraph of the end is the Etost.."

"Crack!."

Both Zaria and Akito stared at each other when they heard the cracking sound, but it didn't come from the wall or anything, it came from Zaria. She looked down at herself and saw her body changes like she was a balloon and air was coming inside her.

But the weird thing was she didn't feel anything even if the cracking sound become louder and sounded very painful.

Akito just sat there and watched her with wide eyes, and a few seconds later the cracking sound stopped, and her body was back to normal, and she didn't look like a skeleton anymore. Zaria touched her face and arms in surprise and stared at Akito.

" That was new."

Akito nodded and slowly walked closer to her and gently touched her arm with his paw. " Did you use a new spell or something?."

Zaria shook her head." I didn't do anything, but am glad my body is back to normal."

Akito sigh, and looked out from the window.

" I guess more weird things are going to happen for now on." He turned to Zaria again." But are you really sure that the seraph of the end is the missing Etost?."

"Remember that he called me by my mom's real name?.'

Akito nod. " Yes?."

" When was the last time you hear anybody call my mom by her real name?."

Akito looked away in deep thought. " I think it was a few months after your 834th birthday."

"Exactly, nobody calls my mom by her real name anymore. But maybe somebody who has been gone from our world for many, many years."

Akito was quiet for a long while but shook his head.

" It doesn't prove that ' the seraph of the end' is the missing Etost that disappeared many thousands of years ago. "

"True, but there is another thing that makes me think that the seraph of the end is the Etost."

"Really?."

Zaria made a small nod before bending down at the dusty floor and begin to write

' The Seraph of the end' and 'Etost' with her finger.

"Can you see it?." She glanced at Akito who stared at the words she wrote on the floor with narrow eyes.

Zaria sigh and begin to write again. " How about this?."

End

The

Of

Seraph

The