Chapter 9

Picture after picture popped up, filling up the whole screen, with no sign of stopping any second. Zaria could only watch with tearful eyes, watching each picture of children with horrible ends. She had heard many stories that people would use children for bad intentions to gain power for themself, even seen some documentary that was collected from other worlds to teach children in her world. Back then, she was horrified over the greed the stories and the document showed, but even then, she hoped it was just made up stories to scare. Oh, so wrong she was, back then.

" Over 6000?." Said Akito in both surprise and horror, staring at the screen. " All of them were kids under the ages of seven?."

" Yes. " Zaria answers with a weak voice, wiping away the tears that were all over her face with the sleeve of the uniform. " I found these documents about the test of the vessel for the seraph of the end." She opens a document while more pictures behind it appeared. " Over 1000 years ago, a doctor wrote these notes, and apparently before moving to children, they tried on slaves, men, and women to become the vessel."

" I guess it didn't work well."

" Not a bit, in the doctor's notes, both men and women over the ages of seven, died the second the seraph of the end transferred into their bodies. It only worked on the kids under the ages of seven. " Zaria moved her hand to her chin, taking a deep breath. She remembers a lesson she had many, many years ago, about the magic of the soul of different creatures, mortal creatures. One of those lessons, she remembers her teacher talking about the mortal human soul from a young age to the day they died. " Their soul must be weak to work."

" Huh?." Akito turned to her in confusion. " What are you talking about?."

" Do you remember the lessons we had with professor Lenore?."

Akito's face fell the moment he heard the name and looked away with a dark look. " Maybe."

Zaria sighs heavily, remembering that Akito was not good at listening to Lenore's lesson. The reason was that Professor Lenore was a faun with a strong connection to different world cultures, and one of them was having a special talisman made by different herbs that smelled a lot like catnip. Not the best smell for a cat, who at the same time tries to listen to the lesson.

" Anyway, one of the lessons was about the mortal soul's strength. Regardless of the race, when a mortal is born, their soul is at the weakest state. When they grow up to a certain age, the soul becomes strong enough to protect from different forces. Which makes it harder for evil beings to control those who have a strong soul."

" So you think the human's certain ages for their soul to become strong, enough to protect, is over the ages of seven?."

" I think so, yes. But." She looked away. " It only makes sense on this part. But it doesn't explain the other one."

" You mean, the part we heard from that boy, Mika?. That a few years ago, people from the ages fifteen and up died?." Akito scratched his chin. " Yeah, you are right. That theory doesn't fit that part."

Zaria sighs heavily and opens up another of her screens in front of her, showing a long line that was slowly filling up with green. With big letters going from 45%, moving up to a higher number.

" The only thing I can do now is downloading all the data that has ever been here. Even those that have been deleted, maybe we will find something that can put all the pieces together." She said and glanced at the window to see the night sky. " We better get out of here when it's done."

Akito nodded and walked back to the shelves. " Can you copy all these documents too?. There can be some valuable information that can be useful."

Zaria glanced at the shelves and quickly fished up a small metal ball from her pockets than throw it to him. " You remember how to use it?."

He glared at her while turned the metal ball around like he was searching for something on it.

Zaria raised her eyes brows, watching him turning the ball over and over, even hitting it hard with his palm, it was funny watching him getting frustrated over the small thing, sadly it was not the place or time to do any of that.

" For lord sakes, Akito. Copy!." Zaria said with a clear voice and the small metal ball, began to glow, flying out from Akitos hands, and a yellow/red light, ran over the shelves, multiple times.

" I was near to figuring out." Complained Akito, crossing his arms like he was a small child.

" You took to long," said Zaria before the ball stopped running the light over the shelves, and fell back down in Akitos hands. Meanwhile, the screen beside her was still downloading everything it could find it even came up to 96%. " Am soon done here."

Zaria pressed in the air to make more screens appeared, using a few tricks to make the process go faster.

After a few seconds, the process was done, and they had all the information they could get from the human base. Now, they needed to get out of there without leaving any evidence after themself.

" Don't you think its way to easy." Akito began after they left the room, standing in the empty hall. " It almost feels like somebody was waiting for us." He glanced down over his shoulder, almost expecting to see somebody appears on the other side, but none was there.

" I agree, but if we think about it, we compare to the security back home with this one." Zaria pointed at one of the cameras that was in the hall. " Even if these cameras are from our world, but they are way behind compare to the ones back home."

" Yeah. " Akito was quiet while they walked out from the building and out to the street. " Now we need to get out of here, and somehow get into the vampire base. It can't be that difficult if the security in this world is this ba.." He stopped when he heard a faint sound behind them, and sharply turned around, glaring at the darkness. " Who's there?!."

There was no answer, but the sound of footsteps become louder and louder until a figure appeared in the light. A tall young man with medium black hair and purple eyes, was visible, dressed in a black/ red uniform. His eyes glared back at Akito, with his hand on the side of his hip.

" I have a better question. Who are you?."