Chapter 7

Eventually we made it to the hospital, and walked over to Brian's ward. He smiled at us when we came in, he did look a lot better, a bit more colour on his cheeks as he lay there in his bed. By his side, Elizabeth's head was lying on the bed as she was fast asleep. We could just see her long brown wavy hair on the bed and her hand holding Brian's as she slept.

"Hey, guys." Brian whispered quietly so that he didn't wake her up. "After about 10 minutes, she fell fast asleep beside me. She's been here four times a day, sometimes here till 2 in the morning."

I sat on the seat on the other side of Brian, smiling at him. "How you feeling today?" I whispered.

Roger came over and shook his hand as he placed his other hand on my shoulder.

"Better today, hopefully will be out of here as soon as possible. To be honest, I'm more worried about her." Brian pointed at Lizzie, who was slowly waking up. He looked concerned. "Sorry sweetheart, didn't mean to wake you up."

She moaned as she rubbed her eyes. "Don't be silly. Didn't realise I fell asleep." She turned around to look at us. "Hey guys, what are you doing here?"

"We're taking you to Mel's house, for a girly night, filled with chocolate and face masks!" Minnie exclaimed.

"I shouldn't guys." She said, sounding devastated. "Brian needs the company tonight so..."

"No, I don't." He interrupted her, taking her hand. "You need a night off, I'll be fine by myself. Doctor says I'll need to rest anyway."

"Are you sure?" She hesitated.

"Darling, you have been amazing these past few weeks. You deserve to have a nice, relaxing night with your friends. I'll see you tomorrow, ok?" After he said that their lips met and she got up out of her seat.

"Ok. Stay out of trouble, the pair of you!" She said, pointing at Brian and Roger.

"We'll be as good as gold!" Roger said as he kissed me as well. He winked at me which made me blush a little. "Have a nice time girls!"

"Thanks guys." I said as we headed out the door. "Get some good rest now, Mr May!"

He held out his thumb back at me, nodding as I took Lizzie's hand and we headed out of the hospital.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had an amazing night, the four of us, it was as if we were teenagers again, staying at someone's house. We watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, which was quite fitting considering the amount of chocolate we ate. Elizabeth soon perked up as soon as we all wore our pyjamas and shared the chocolate. After we watched the film, we all told each other secrets about what the boys had shared with us before, and also told scary stories, which made Minnie jump up so many times, it was hilarious to watch. To think last year, I only knew Minnie, and now two of my new best friends I made were thanks to that chance meeting with John three years ago. We were so tired from screaming and laughing so much, the girls went to their rooms. Minnie slept in hers, and Eva had the spare room. I was tidying up the living room which was covered with pieces of popcorn we had thrown around it and scraps of sweetie wrappers. I was also setting up the couch to sleep in when Lizzie came over to me.

"Lizzie? I thought you were heading to bed." She was going to sleep in my room tonight, as she was so exhausted.

"I am, I just wanted to say, thank you for tonight." She said, her voice even sounded tired.

"Oh, it's nothing." I said but she interrupted me.

"No, seriously. Thank you. I had such a great time, I never thought I would find someone as thoughtful and as caring as you, Mel. I just want you to know, you mean an awful lot to me, I'm so lucky to have met you." She beamed as she said it.