Is everything okay?

| Emma's POV |

I saw the tears as they ran down his face and every time I sit and think about it my heart literally fucking shatters. He didn't want to do it, I know he didn't that's why Im not mad but at the same time I still am. What was the plan? I just didn't understand it.

At lunch I try and look around for him but he isn't there so I just sit and pathetically swirl my lettuce around in my plastic bowl, I don't feel like eating.

"I heard about what happened with Ethan, I'm sorry Ems, I didn't think it was that serious" Hannah sighs as she takes a seat on our table with her lunch on her plastic tray like usual.

Maybe I was just starting to become blind, maybe he really wanted to hurt me. Sadly nothing right now would come as a surprise

"It's fine I guess I only have a lil bruising" I laugh like it truly doesn't matter but it really does.

"Honestly he's changed recently, starting with that fight at Argent's party. If he could turn on his friend like that then I'm not surprised that you were his next target. You know with the rivalry and all" Ellie explains biting into a chocolate bar she had brought for her dinner.

"Do we know what happened that night?" I ask and Hannah shrugs,

"Well not about the fight but he took home a girl straight after"

It was probably Olivia that bitch was like a bad smell that even a scented candle couldn't mask.

"Olivia?" I ask and the girls share a look as if to ask each other whether they had seen her at the party after Ethan had gone home

"Possibly, no one saw her face she was just in his pink hoodie"

Wait what
WAIT WHAT
WAIT
WHAT

"H-his pink hoodie? S-she was wearing it?" I ask and they answer with a simple yes.

I came home in a pink hoodie possibly Ethan's, well yeah there's a high fucking chance. I'm so confused right now, why would it be his jumper? And why did he take me home? And most of all why the fuck had he been nice and helpful?

"I'm going to go for a walk" I announce to the table and they both nod me on with worried expressions.

-

I walk up to the vending machine where I had seen him last time at break. I don't know what I plan to say to him but I need to find out what's going on with him not because I care, but because he's fucking bruised me and I deserve an apology.

He isn't there but Grayson, Diesel and the other pricks are,

"Where's your brother?" I ask sharply stepping up close to Grayson. I know he likes me for some reason and if his friends hadn't have butted in, he would've told me

"Why the fuck would you want to see him after this morning?" Diesel snaps but it doesn't sound like he's trying to look out for me, he just sounds angry.

"Because I fucking do, do I have your permission, Dad?" I ask cockily with an eyebrow raise. Grayson steps in front of Diesel to stop him from lunging for me. Wow real mature. What was he going to do to me, hit me?

"He's in Miss Sage's classroom" Gray says and I nod his direction to thank him.

"I'll come with you" Diesel states

"I'm a big girl, thanks" I pout slapping his shoulder and he shoots me a judgemental stare.

I head towards Miss Sage's room. Who the fuck did he think he was going to MY safe place??

When I get there I knock on the door and through the criss cross window I can see him sat on his own in the classroom with his head in his hand. So I take it upon myself to open the door making his head fire up at me

"She's not here" he states quickly so I close the door behind me

"Oh I'll wait"

"Can't you just fuck off, Emma?" He shouts and my eyes widen.

Was he really trying to act like I'd done something wrong in this situation?

"Are you kidding me?" I ask stepping closer towards him, he's sat on one of the desks and now his eyes are glaring at mine "you think you can just treat me like shit after what you did, huh?"

Why are you being so confident, Emma, he could fucking crush you????

"You INFURIATE me" I scream running my hand through my hair as I stride towards him, with him being sat down were at the perfect eye level "YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST BRUISE ME AND THEN TREAT ME LIKE I DID SOMETHING WRONG?"

I push one of his shoulders back with one hand and for some reason he takes it without retaliating back. I was so angry that my whole body was shaking and my jaw is starting to hurt from me clenching it so harshly

"YOU DONT UNDERSTAND DO YOU? Fuck Ethan-" I trail off because I can't express how much I dislike him anymore and I'm 100% sure that if I carry on talking I'll start to cry

"I'm sorry" he whispers

"No no no you don't get to do that" I tremble taking a step back, Ethan doesn't apologise especially not to me anyway. My eyes are starting to burn, i knew this was going to happen.

He wasn't allowed to make me feel sorry for me, he couldn't just give me puppy dog eyes and expect me to melt into him. But I was, i was falling, and I swear if he speaks again I might just forgive him. Crazy I know

"Emma" he breathes but it sounds muffled and I bring my hands up to touch my shoulders to remind myself of what he did to me.

I take a few steps back still holding my shoulders, he did that, Ethan Dolan did that. I never thought he'd hurt me but here I was sporting wounds that HE gave me.

I start to breathe heavily and the shaking becomes uncontrollable. Fuck I haven't had a panic attack in years.

He was messing up my mind and making me confused. Was he the nice boy that brought me home and gave me his hoodie? Or was he the evil violent monster that threw me into a locker?

"Emma" he repeats standing from the table but I can't answer back because my words and getting choked up in my chest and I swear my fucking lungs aren't working. "You're shaking"

Wow thanks for that Sherlock Holmes.

He reaches out to touch my trembling arms and although I was scared he was going to hurt me again I don't pull back

"Just breathe, Chamberlain, Cmon just breathe" he chants and then with an incredible force he pulls me into his chest.

His hand runs through my hair as if he's done this before, and to me it seems kind of familiar. He brings his lips to the top of my head so I can feel his warm breath in my hair

"I'm sorry"

"I know you are"