How fast the wind changes

| Ethan's POV |

I was super bored last night because Emma was at a sleep over with her girls which meant not only could she not come over, but she also couldn't even text me.

I promise you this shits crazy, but she's become all I think about. I even look at the mechanical fucking child and see her in Luna, I think I'm going insane.

Grayson was out with the other dudes but I couldn't bring myself myself to face them so I had sat at home with Luna rewatching the footage of our dance party.

Grayson barged into my room at 12:01 which was unlike him

"Wasn't your bed time like four hours ago" I had teased but he wasn't in the mood and as he had got closer to me I could hear his heavy breathing "what happened?" I had asked. Bad choice.

"Aaron"

"Aaron, Emma's Aaron?"

It makes me feel physically sick that I had said that. That piece of trash really didn't deserved my Chamberlain.

"Yes that Aaron. Dude, You only just told me about what he did, why is he here?"

I didn't know. Thats was a lie. I did. He wanted her back and the boys wanted to torture her

"Go to bed" I had snapped. I wasn't in the mood to speak to anyone, I needed to think.

-

Apparently I needed to think for a while because this morning I'm still refusing to speak to anyone.

I could see her stood at Ellie's locker staring at me but just looking at her vulnerability and fragile body was shattering my heart. From the quick glance I got I notice that she's wearing my pink hoodie from the party. When all this started.

I can't bring myself to even face her to give her Luna so instead I head to my class early, madness I know.

"Do you have your homework?" The teacher asks the class and I hear the teacher praise Emma's hard-work and quantity of what she has wrote. My head was too busy with thoughts for me to have done homework last night "Ethan?"

"I don't have it" I snap and she looks at me in shock at my aggressiveness

"Ethan I-"

"I said I don't have my fucking homework" I shout slamming my fists down on the desk. Oh fuck, I was getting bad again.

I always used to get angry so much so that I used to trash my room till it was barely recognisable. My anger was usually directed towards Emma but now I don't have that, now I'm like this because of her.

How the tables have turned.

I stand from my desk and leave the classroom with the incredible urge to smash my knuckles into the wall repetitively.

"Gray, I'm bad again" I pant into the phone as I pace the hallway waiting for my brother to save me.

He embraces me in a hug and I grit my teeth harshly trying to push away all the bad thoughts.

It's apparent more than ever now that Emma is quite literally my everything.

Grayson asks about what started it and I rant for minutes none stop while he stays and listens intently. He's a good listener, he's good at everything, I'm so envious.

Class has obviously ended and Emma's panicked face emerges from the classroom searching frantically for me and my stomach sinks, I made her panic. Me. I did that.

CANT I STOP HURTING HER.

Grayson notices my anger spike and he grips onto my bicep yanking me behind him so that I don't let loose on the nearest fucking wall.

"Ethan" she croaks looking around to see if anyone's watching her as she speaks to me

"Leave me alone" I waver and she looks startled. I would be too, yesterday I was making her giggle and now I was back to hating her.

"What have I-"

"I SAID FUCKING LEAVE ME ALONE BEFORE I MAKE YOU"

I don't realise I'm saying it till it's already screamed into the air and everyone has heard. I can see as her eyes begin to twinkle with tears and I hate myself so much, no no no no, I fucked up again.

"Ethan leave" Grayson whispers to me and I look at him with heartbroken eyes

"I HATE YOU" she screams and I gulp down. Does she really mean that? My heart crumbles again. "YOURE SUCH A PRICK ARGHHHHH" she cries so loudly that the whole hallway goes silent

"Ethan leave" Grayson repeats but my legs are frozen. I'm not angry anymore, I feel guilty and disgusted with myself. All I want to do right now is apologise and hug her and kiss her and tell this whole damn hallway that she's mine.

"I don't understand" she finally whispers letting her tears finally drop from her face but her friends are finally there to comfort her, to do what I want to do to her.

Oh god this was what happened all those years ago.

My eyes begin to sting and I turn to walk away but I can't do it and when I turn back around I watch as she lifts the hoodie from over her head and in complete tears, she just Let's it limply drop to the floor.

Then she walks away.