Mega headache time

| Emma's POV |

I wake up freezing and I can't seem to catch my breath, my chest bounces and I gasp for air but something seems to be restricting me and I have a panicked feeling in the bottom of my stomach.

"Hey hey hey" there's a calming voice "breath in and out" the gruff voice instructs but I'm too exhausted to open my eyes to see who it is "You're freezing" the voice mumbles after brushing my arm briefly.

There's an awkward silence until I'm wrapped into the warmest jacket and covered by a fluffy blanket. A warmth takes over my body and my fingers and toes begin to tingle. Although it's a nice feeling I'm still panicking and I begin to cry.

It feels like the bed I'm laid on drops significantly as another body sits on it and the other person who I was sure was now Male allows his fingers to trace over my forehead and face in such a calming manner that I feel completely safe. The hand tucks a few strands of hair behind my ear and begins to play gently with my hair.

And then it disappears

"nO" I croak and I barely can tell if it's even came out of my mouth or if I've imagined it

"What's up?" Asks the rough unfamiliar voice from quite far away now

"W-will you stay with me?" I stutter

"I'm sure you don't want that" he replies and now I can kind of tell that the voice is merely just a morning tired voice and it could belong to any boy on the trip.

I don't even begin to think about how they could be in my room or if it was James because a great headache comes over me and I wince

"please" I respond and there's a second where I can tell that the boy takes a moment to think and finally gives in

The bed, once again, sinks and there's a warm body close to me but he doesn't touch me which is sweet because at least he's thinking about respecting me.

Slowly but surely the boy reaches over and proceeds to play with my hair and a small smile spreads across my face, quickly replaced by an aggressive cough that I can't seem to catch my breath from

"Are you okay?" Asks the kind boy sitting up to rub my back, honestly I don't think I am.

Why am I like this? What happened?

I need coffee.

I lay back down facing the ceiling still shivering into the strongly scented jacket playing with the hem anxiously. The boy, I'm guessing, notices my fast and panicked hand movements and brings his large hands down upon mine tracing his fingers gently over the top of my own.

This feels bliss, I think I could fall asleep.

The patterns he makes on my hands makes me hum with happiness and I can feel his smile too even with my eyes fully shut. I want to open them but no matter how hard I force them, I'm too lethargic.

"What's wrong with me?" I whisper stopping his tracing by curling my whole hand round one of his fingers. He brings his thumb down on my knuckles and rubs gently as he speaks,

"You did something really brave and it had bad consequences" the voice sighs and for some reason it feels like he was just as scared as I was right now. He was doing his best to keep me calm but I could practically hear his heart beat

"What did I do? W-what happened to me?"

"You dived into a pool to save your friend and in return hit your head and began to drown" he responds and I can feel him grip tighter to my hand "but you're okay" he finishes but it sounds like he's trying to reassure himself as his voice cracks.

I don't know why but I find myself turning to one side in the direction I knew the boy was laid in and to my surprise his hot breath is only centimetres from my face.

Was he really laid there staring at me?

I tighten my hand around his finger and press my forehead against what I think is his chest and his other free arm pulls me deeper in.

Something about this boy is familiar and calming yet I feel like I've never met him before. My head hurts so bad and I cough into his chest pathetically but still he soothes me with his rubs

"I'm scared" I let slip out. I don't mean to because there's nothing to be afraid of right now in these strong arms but something about the darkness and the thought of me sinking deeper and deeper into water brings me intense panic.

"I was too" the boy hums "but I've got you now and everything's going to be okay. You just need to rest"

This boy, these arms, this warmth, something about them I love and crave. It feels right.

"Please don't leave me" I whisper very very quietly

"Are you sure about that?" He asks in a fragile voice.

Why wouldn't I be sure? I just don't understand.

"Why wouldn't I-"

There's a firm grip upon my chin and I can't take it anymore I need to know who it is. I force my tired eyes to open and adjust to the darkness of the room that I'm in.

But his face is illuminated and I know who it is instantly.

Ethan.

He doesn't see me open my eyes so instead I let them fall back into darkness and I grip even tighter onto his finger

"Thank you" I whisper and there's a firm kiss placed upon my forehead with no words.

I take a deep breath and I bury myself into his chest comfortably and after minutes of contemplation I barely even say,

"I love you"