Somethings, um, different

| Emma's POV |

I wake up and get out of bed for school, reluctantly and when I near the last step of my stairs there's a high screech

"EMSY!!!" My mom basically screams embracing me in a tight hug. I'd missed her so much while she had been away this week and I practically never want her to leave my side again.

Ok slight overreaction.

She begins to tell me about the trip and how hectic it was over breakfast and soon enough she's talked me to the last minute and if I stop to hear her sleeping times I will definitely be late.

I shout that I love her before getting into my car and speeding towards the school parking lot with my music booming through the speakers.

I have no time for coffee which is soul destroying but I suck it up and skid into my car spot.

"Boo!" Shouts a body behind me and I spin to see Hannah, oh my god I really am late if I'm walking in with her "hey I feel like we haven't seen each other in ages"

"I know" I sigh thinking about all the chaos in my life "we'll do something as soon as" I promise as we stride towards the hall we were in.

The group ahead makes me internally groan, not only was it the fuck boys but their cheating model girlfriends. Lauren, Grayson's girlfriend if you've remembered, spots me and hits her gal pals to look at me making the boys mirror their actions.

"I'd run if I was you" Hannah whispers into my ear as we slightly shuffle to a stop not knowing whether to brave trying to pass by them or not. Ethan is leant against his locker and he looks like a fucking god, he briefly glances at me but looks away very quickly but he can't hide his lip bite.

"We carry on" I hiss back trying not to show how scared I am.

I'm significantly smaller than all the girls which is intimidating and scary especially when I'm trying to act tough.

Lauren has this evil smirk and I immediately know she's going to try something but I gear myself up for it. She couldn't take me by surprise if I wasn't shocked by her actions.

She pretends to stumble and crash into my small frame, it wasn't bad to be honest, in fact I'd explain it as a pathetic attempt to hurt me. Her little bitches start to cackle like she's done the funniest thing they've ever seen. I roll my eyes at how pathetic they are.

"Did you just roll your eyes?" Lauren snaps taking me back, I didn't expect her to be so upfront but hey I was a vulnerable and easy target. She brings both her hands into contact with my shoulders smashing me into the locker.

Funnily one of her bitches is none other than Olivia, the girl that honestly thought she owned Ethan. She'd dyed her hair and it looked like a disaster. She passes Lauren her Starbucks cup. Basic.

"Whoops" Lauren says sarcastically with a twitching smile as she pours the iced slush down my face and clothes. I gasp from the shock of how cold it is.

Hannah looks absolutely shook that this has just happened in front of her eyes.

I smash Lauren backwards in anger and she wails and to my disbelief that's all I'm able to do because I'm yanked backwards, not however before she slaps me harshly against my cheek making it sting

"CONTROL YOUR BITCH" Screams the person holding me back which in a twisted turn of events is Ethan. Grayson snarls and pulls Lauren backwards, of course he would side with her when I hadn't done anything wrong.

I rip myself free from Ethan because everyone's staring at us because this isn't usually like us. We're supposed to hate each other and he's supposed to bully me, not save me.

I turn from the group and look at him with furrowed eyebrows as if to ask him what the fuck he's doing, slush is still dripping off of my face and clothes

"This way" he orders turning away and walking down the hallway. I reach out and grab Hannah's hand and make her follow us to where Ethan is messing in his locker.

He throws me a shirt with a smile and nods me on to wear it

"Thanks Ethan" I smile looking down at his shirt in my hand, it feels so weird to be civil here in front of other people

"No problem" he shrugs with a sympathetic smile before he returns back to his group

"What the fuck was that" hisses Hannah as we slide into a bathroom stall. I shrug towards her as if I don't know but her jaw hangs open "oh my god have you fucked him" she gasps and I clamp my hand round her mouth in panic

"No what the fuck, it's Ethan" I whisper changing into his shirt, it's large and completely covers my shorts making me look like I'm wearing nothing else

"Exactly" she scowls "and your wearing hiS SHIRT" she shouts in a hushed voice and I slightly small and she gasps. I check myself in the mirror and it surprisingly suits me "there's something going on between you two"

"No there isn't"

"Yes there is"

"Isn't"

"Is"

"Isn't"

"Isn't"

"Is" I say back without realising it and I clamp my hand round my mouth

"AHA I KNEW IT" she chants dancing around, suddenly stopping in her tracks to wonder what the fuck changed between hating each other passionately to wanting to fuck each other.

"I'm not explaining anything" I respond before she even has time to ask and she skips behind me like a child "will you stop that" I shoot at her but I can't help but smile

"You're gonna have babiesssssss" she sings like she's still in kindergarten and I roll my eyes but allow her to carry on because for some reason it makes a warm fuzzy feeling happen in my stomach.

I cuddle deep into his shirt, inhaling the orgasmic scent as I step into the full classroom incredibly late.

Everyone looks at me, and then at my shirt.

Well this is going to be a long day