'The reason I started all this'

| Emma's POV |

"Hey guys, what's up? How you doing? Good? Well that's great... I'm not"

Me editing:
surprising lol not

"This might be a deep as fuck vid, you can click off if u want I've already got my view"

Me editing:
Obnoxious zoom :)

"I'm gonna be talking to you about why I started all of this and how I became such a mess and how you saved me"

Me editing:
Clapping sound affect

"Let's start with my last year of high school, 12 grade, what a fucking mess. Let's just say the limited friends I had-"

Me editing:
My face is edited to look like fucking balloony from Phineas and Ferb

"Left.
Let me give you a small little bit of advice for you pure innocent souls thinking that you really want a relationship before high school ends.
DONT DO IT.
All they do is leave without telling you that they're going. Leaving you thinking what the fuck you did wrong to not even deserve a goodbye"

Me editing:
PROTIP: STAY SINGLE

"If you're single you can lock yourself away and play Fortnite for a week without talking to a mother fucker EVER AGAIN"

Me editing:
Can you tell I'm single?
Someone call me
Pls
I beg

"In all seriousness the last year of high school made me very depressed and I'm not being a pathetic bitch when I tell you that talking to you- or a camera- was the only way I got to express anything. I just want you to know that you saved me and I'm gonna stop being a pussy and tell you that I love you and I appreciate you, let's just keep doing what we're doing"

Me editing:
😘

"Okay that's it sorry for it being so short. I'll be back soon maybe with a Q&A, throw me some questions in the comments. Thank you, I love you,

Peace, um I mean, bye"

The comments have already started flooding in but I'm too scared to look at them, they're gonna call me a pussy for nearly breaking down on camera over having no friends. It's been minutes and I'm already getting tweets, my phone is pinging but it's placed down in front of me.

I can't believe I said Peace as my outro that was Ethan's thing.

FUCK STOP THINKING ABOUT HIM EMMA ITS BEEN YEARS.

Yeah, almost three years now and here I still am sulking over the one that got away.

I'm sorry I'm still hung up over him, for fuck sake, I thought I fucking loved him, okay? Do you understand how much it must've hurt to be ghosted the whole break only to return back to 12th grade everyone talking about them leaving to live in LA.

Ellie was gone, the twins were gone, James disappeared too and I was left to fight through on my own as Hannah joined Olivia and Lauren to tease and subtly rip me apart.

SUCK IT UP EMMA YOURE OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL NOW.

Yeah and here I am still talking to a camera in hope that it'll bring back the memory of Ethan and how he put together that video of us all those years ago with our baby. Luna.

Ha- I wonder if he even remembers that or if he was able to leave everything behind along with the memories.

I wonder where he is now and if he's okay. I wonder if he still talks to anyone from school and if he and Gray still look identical or if their appearances have distanced from each other.

Every time I edit I work myself up and I can guarantee that I'll have a break down every single time because everything I create will never be as good as Ethan's one video.

I slap myself and pick up my phone to scan the comments

User1_
I hope you're doing okay!! We all love you <3

Us.er2
I can't believe we just listened to her rant about high school for 11 minutes like we're not all going thru it ffs

Usxr3
How do still look so good without makeup??

Userfourr
@ Usxr3 imagine how beaut she'd look if she had her make up done professionally

Usxr3
@ userfourr omg like a YouTube collab with James Charles???

Userfourr
@ usxr3 @ Emmachamberlain WE NEED THIS!!

James Charles, huh? The name rang a bell but I couldn't put my finger on it so I abandoned the comment section on my video and typed his name into my Twitter.

He's beautiful and was incredibly talented at makeup but his picture didn't jog any memories but nevertheless I began to scroll down his feed. He was funny and relatable.

His catchphrase was 'sister' which sure made me feel included. And then I see a tweet

"Good morning, Kitty Girls, Happy Wednesday"

Kitty girls, of course that jogged my memory. I couldn't believe that this beautiful boy was the James I actually went to school with. Wow this bitch had a glo up.

To make sure, I scroll much further down and sure enough I find a bare faced selfie and it's definitely the boy I had once been so close to.

Memories flood my mind, both good and bad.

I follow him on all his socials and find myself deep in his YouTube make up tutorials. I can't believe he had only been active a year and was already surpassing my follow count that I had managed to acquire over three years.

My notifications were going absolutely mad and when I check them they're all about me following James. His fan base was going crazy and almost all my tweets were screaming for us to collab

JamesCharles
@ EmmaChamberlain hey kitty girl, long time no see. Let's hang <3

My breathing hitched and I stare at my phone with a dry mouth, he remembers me I'm sure of it. I rapidly reply with a matching heart and sure enough he slid into my DM's.

James}
I was serious, let's meet. I've missed you hella

{me
I'm down